• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Izzie and Irwin

Lspacehopper

Wise Old Thumper
Before Christmas we had the most beautiful grey (is she blue otter colouring?) rabbit come in. We called her Velvet because that's what her fur looked like. Unfortunately she had the personality from hell!! Many of us got bitten when trying to clean the cage or handle her for checks. I have the scar on my hand from a really deep bite.

Only a very experienced rabbit person could have handled her. Eventually we decided to have her neutered in an effort to calm her temperament.

The neutering went well and she recovered straight away.

I was speaking to a customer who had a single neutered boy called Irwin and they wanted a friend for him. We spoke about Velvet and I brought her out to show them. They fell in love and wanted to wait for her to be fully fit and give her time for her hormones to recede.

Eventually the time had come to attempt the bond. Irwin came to stay, adjacent to Velvet and then we put them together (supervised, obviously). Surprisingly there was no aggression from Velvet just lots of humping from Irwin.

Soon they were sharing a cage and before we knew it, it was time to go home.

Velvet is now called Izzie. It comes from 'Iz ze humping her again (get it? lol)

Izzie in the limelight and Irwin cleaning his bits (as was lol)

P260408_215201.jpg

Checking out the garden.

P270508_160701.jpg

Izzie on her own

P220408_2159.jpg

What a pretty pair :love: It must be lovely to know a bun that was "difficult" has ended up with a lovely friend and home :D

Back