• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Disaster... Please help... Bonding

RusselRocky

Mama Doe
Now as most will know I have 2 male rabbits who have been living together bonded for months, but last night (about 1am after Billy had been neutered surprisingly) they started pulling fur out of each other. Now this is not normal behaviour for them they usually spend most of their time snuggled up and grooming, it seemed to be the other neutered boy Rocky who was doing most of the attacking, so I have seperated them due to Billy having stitches.
Does anyone have any adivice? Or why this happened? They were so close. Regretting getting Billy done now :evil::roll: caused me a heck of a lot of hassle. They never faught when he was entire. :shock:

Should I try to rebond them now before they forget each other or should I try in a week or so, please help :wave:

is Rocky neutered aswell? did you take Rocky to the vets with Billy when he got neutered? if not then the temp separation and the 'vet' smell on Billy could have something to do with it.

hmmm, when the one who wasnt neutured...went to be neutured, did youre other bun go with him? if not, this could be the problem..as he smells different now.

Yep they went together. I didnt want to break their bond so Rocky spent the day at the vets too!!! :shock: Could it be he smelled funny anyway? :shock: Rocky had been with him all day and it wasnt till about 1am it went wrong! :shock:

It may well be that your newly neutered bun smells differently. Have you some neutral territory where you can pen them up together for a few days? If you have I would suggest doing this rather than totally break their bond by having them apart.

Will try i, am nervous about Rocky at the moment coz he tried to go for Billy again and Billy has some swelling downstairs from his neuter. :wave:

Will try i, am nervous about Rocky at the moment coz he tried to go for Billy again and Billy has some swelling downstairs from his neuter. :wave:

He will have some swelling after his operation, it depends on how bad the swelling is ..........

Well when he had his testes they were quite large, now the swelling looks double the size! :shock: I dont want Rocky to aggitate it! :shock::wave:

Thank you for helping!

Back