• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

bonding now! BONDED!?

Beatrix Potter

Mama Doe
bonding wild bunny with domestic bunny lots of chasing and fur pulling and stamping of feet from spudsey my wild bun. she is so scared and now and again when she is being chased she makes a litte mmmm noise!!????

Last edited:
It might be worth popping them in a carrier together for half an hour so that they dont have the space to chase about and she views him as less of a threat.

If he gets a bit fiesty you can always take them for a walk, it will subside quite quickly when in motion.

What size area are you bonding in?

Have they got some boxes and things in for her to hide in/sit on if she has had enough?

Boxes need to be open at both ends so she dosn't get trapped.

Have they got some boxes and things in for her to hide in/sit on if she has had enough?

Boxes need to be open at both ends so she dosn't get trapped.

No the boxes are just small ones that you can't in but she has got a small hideaway thingy that i could put in?

Just soemthing to give her some shelter if she needs a break but I still recommend the carrier for a while, I start most of my bondings that way now.

If neither are food aggressive some scattered goodies can also help distract them a little.

Just soemthing to give her some shelter if she needs a break but I still recommend the carrier for a while, I start most of my bondings that way now.

If neither are food aggressive some scattered goodies can also help distract them a little.

ok have put that in for her. there are some bits of apple, carrot, pellets etc scattered but neither has ate anything yet.

i didn't think i would have the car today but I now have! will they scuffle at all if i put them in the same carrier? and if i do this will i need to just need to take them out in the car for a bit then put them back in the run? sorry for the garbled messenging!

I dont take them anywhere, I just pop them in the carrier and sit them by my feet whilst on here or carry them about whilst I do house work.

If they get a bit OTT I walk them about the house for 5 minutes.

Taking them on a car ride means you must have someone and an extra carrier with you incase they fight.

I also use carrier 'time outs' e.g. if they get a bit fiesty in the bonding pen they go back in the carrier to calm down for 20 minutes.

I dont take them anywhere, I just pop them in the carrier and sit them by my feet whilst on here or carry them about whilst I do house work.

If they get a bit OTT I walk them about the house for 5 minutes.

Taking them on a car ride means you must have someone and an extra carrier with you incase they fight.

I also use carrier 'time outs' e.g. if they get a bit fiesty in the bonding pen they go back in the carrier to calm down for 20 minutes.

thanks sooz I thought you'd gone! Right ok off to get carrier

:lol: ah yes just reading about that, will sponsor you myself later glad its not today you've been 'banned'!

:lol::lol::lol: Thank you.

I have got to go and do some washing now, the buns are running out of clean blankets but I will pop back on later.

:lol::lol::lol: Thank you.

I have got to go and do some washing now, the buns are running out of clean blankets but I will pop back on later.

ok thanks sooz.

update! both bunnies are in carrier, walked round garden/house for a few minutes and have now left them by my feet whilst I go on here and also have abit of lunch. both very calm, spudsey was almost laying on top of him a minute ago! is this bonding!? :)

Back