• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Just been bitten by Xena.

halfpenny

Wise Old Thumper
Xena is the stray rabbit we took in on Wednesday, she'd either been dumped or escaped and was found in a play park. The first day she was OK to handle, but her behaviour has got progressively worse, I guess she has settled in. Anyway, she bit me today, so I think it is going to be a long slog before we have a happy, friendly bunny. This makes me convinced she has been dumped, because of her behaviour. I can't understand why people do this, I know there aren't many rescues up here, but even if they'd gone to the vet and got advice, I'm sure being speyed will make a big difference. I had booked Molly in to be speyed next Friday, but if Xena isn't claimed by then, she may go in first!

I booked my stray in for next week but for a totally different reason, he's as friendly as a rabbit comes but my gosh is he horny (and smelly to boot).

I'm sure a spey will make the world of difference to her :)

It was a shallow bite, but I think things will get worse before they get better, still she drew blood.
I kind of hope to bond her with Molly, once she gets speyed as well, and Thumper. Have just bonded Snowey, Jessica and Jess a couple of weeks ago, so it would be good to get another trio, rather than have to get another rabbit, I'm back up to 12, and still getting the runs rebuilt.

I booked my stray in for next week but for a totally different reason, he's as friendly as a rabbit comes but my gosh is he horny (and smelly to boot).

I'm sure a spey will make the world of difference to her :)

Yes, my boys, apart from Runt have always been fine, but a few of the foster girls I've had have been a bit tempermental. We did have a boy who spent his time humping a ball, he would roll off, get up and start again. I felt really sorry for him, to be so frustrated, and he was much happier once he was done.

Back