• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I'm loosing Hazel/ she's gone

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
Poor hazel the piggy is going to the bridge. I knew yesterday we only had a matter of days left as she was struggling to eat, so I fed her some recovery food and small bits of veg before returning her to the herd.

Today my plan was to bring her inside once back from the bunny run and spoil her rotten. She was on her feet at 6.30 this morning, but by the time we got back at 10am she was unconscious. :cry::cry:

I have brought her in side and made a bed from vetbed and towels with a hot water bottle. I've also popped a drop of metacam in her mouth in case she is in pain. I can hear her gasping for breath as i type :cry::cry:

I know we are not supose to have favourites but this little piggy is the best. She has the most wonderful personality and is always so excited and happy with life. Once she has gone the piggy shed will just not be the same any more

Last edited:
Oh Liz, I am SO sad to hear about poor Hazel. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

I am sending loads and loads of vibes for her to find peace and tranquility. LOADS of hugs to you, Liz. xxxxx :cry: :cry:

Oh my, i'm so so sorry, it's the worst feeling in the world
I'm sending my love and licks.
She's at the bridge now, she wanted to stay here with you but she's having too much fun up there now!!

Back