• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Does anyone know?

Becca

Wise Old Thumper
My neighbour has a allotment and often brings me round dandelion leaves,spring greens and cabbage.I saw him this morning bring me a bag round.Inside the bag is lots of dandelion type things:oops:They look like a dandelion leaf but the edges are quite jagged.They also have tiny yellow flowers on.He has gone out know so i can,t ask him what it is.Obviousley don,t want to give any to buns or pigs until i know.Does anyone know what they might be?

My neighbour has a allotment and often brings me round dandelion leaves,spring greens and cabbage.I saw him this morning bring me a bag round.Inside the bag is lots of dandelion type things:oops:They look like a dandelion leaf but the edges are quite jagged.They also have tiny yellow flowers on.He has gone out know so i can,t ask him what it is.Obviousley don,t want to give any to buns or pigs until i know.Does anyone know what they might be?

Could you post a piccie of them.

Janex :)

I've got some of that in my garden - have always wondered if it was OK for the buns, but never tried to find out :D

I've got some of that in my garden - have always wondered if it was OK for the buns, but never tried to find out :D
No its better to be safe than sorry isn,t it:DI am not very good with weeds only feed my lot dandelion as i have not got a clue what anything else is:oops:

No its better to be safe than sorry isn,t it:DI am not very good with weeds only feed my lot dandelion as i have not got a clue what anything else is:oops:

It's a shame isn't it? My garden is pretty wild and overgrown (I hate gardening, but I also like the natural look :shock: :lol:). There are so many things growing in it that they could have but I just won't risk anything I don't know. At the moment there's a vast supply of dandelions - and the biggest I've ever seen - but they won't last forever.

I'm trying to decide whether I'm brave enough to go next door and ask if I can cut some of his very long grass :shock: - his wall fell down a few weeks ago and so he's not been able to mow the lawn and the grass is knee deep and I practically drool at it every time I'm out with my scissors cutting grass, dandelions and strawberry leaves as it looks so lush and green. I guess as I'm already known as the mad animal woman he couldn't think I'm any more potty :lol: :lol:

It's a shame isn't it? My garden is pretty wild and overgrown (I hate gardening, but I also like the natural look :shock: :lol:). There are so many things growing in it that they could have but I just won't risk anything I don't know. At the moment there's a vast supply of dandelions - and the biggest I've ever seen - but they won't last forever.

I'm trying to decide whether I'm brave enough to go next door and ask if I can cut some of his very long grass :shock: - his wall fell down a few weeks ago and so he's not been able to mow the lawn and the grass is knee deep and I practically drool at it every time I'm out with my scissors cutting grass, dandelions and strawberry leaves as it looks so lush and green. I guess as I'm already known as the mad animal woman he couldn't think I'm any more potty :lol: :lol:
My neighbour lets me into his garden to cut grass and dandelions,i should ask your neighbour,i am sure they won,t mind:D

I'd been thinking of starting a thread asking about wild plants etc, living in the country I'm surrounded by stuff, but it looks as though you're all as clueless as me anyway ;):lol:

I could pick fresh grass from the stables, however I never do as I am worried about disease. My 2 indoor buns, Princess C and Chance can't have VHD jabs as they both have issues that could mean they don't handle it well. So I fret that I could bring VHD home, although I fret about that all the time!

will go see if it is in my book :)

ETS: cant find my book anywhere despite having it like a week ago :roll: will have another look for it later

Last edited:
dont know about the original plant but they can definitely have groundsel, plantain and blackberry leaves - all these are easy to Id and often grow in gardens. find some pics off the interweb :)

Back