• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

how easy is it to assemble a flat pack hutch?

purplebumble

Warren Veteran
bearing in mind my woodwork skills mean replacing the other half of the wooden peg when the spring pings off!:lol:

seriously im used to flat pack furniture and thats a bloomin nightmare!!

i have no drill i can borrow a hammer but mught have to pay soemone to do it cos of my blackouts.....do all the bits like nails screws etc come iwth it?

has anyone put up pets at home thistle hall int he 10 minutes they say it takes to do it?:lol:

seriously i need to know before i take the plunge with the bunnymooners new love nest!!

It took us longer than 10 mins to put our Thistle Hall up. It didn't help that the heavens opened and we had to move all the pieces into the conservatory :)

You will need an extra pair of hands but I think as far as equipment goes we only needed a screw driver - screws etc are supplied. Decide beforehand whether you want to use the partition upstairs. BJ and Rosie never used the 'bedroom' bit so my poor long suffering husband removed the roof and took out the partition. The buns seem happier with the extra space upstairs. We also lined the floors with an offcut of lino. I am a lino convert - it is so easy to clean.

The only downside to the hutch is that the wood is very very soft. BJ in particular loves to gouge great chunks out of it. He has produced several little piles of kindling :( tho this is quite useful for us as we do have an open fire :lol:

Good luck in getting yours up!

I put up my new 6ft hutch/run combo on my own. It was really easy, apart from putting the sides on wrong and having to dismantle it again :roll:

An electric screwdriver would help

It depends on the make - my happy hutch ones took quite a while and were hard work, but the little Chinese hutch I got Tia (with the 'fox proof' wire) was an absolute doddle to make - just so easy I couldn't believe it :)

thank you guys..just as i thought...aaarghhhhhhhh but its gotta be done.....

nope the partition will stay..theyre both nervy buns and will be great to stuff with toys etc of theirs all their cuddly toys..bif always feels safer surrounded by her teddies etc and bandit just loves being with bif..awwww

yes i cant see if the trixie ones have a wipeable floor..nd the thistle hall one i forgot to take notice an in the online pics it has a black flooring.

im gonna contact the lady i was told to re trixie ones....

ooh elve..a chinese hutch please explain more!

i've put up four Thistle Hall hutches and yes it takes ten minutes or less, its so easy and all you need is a screw driver.

Back