• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Brilliant news for our animal shelter

sillyrabbit

Wise Old Thumper
:D We have two large garden centers here. Anyways its been in the news yesterday that one of them has decided to stop selling small animals and anyone enquiring about rabbits or piggies are being directed to the animal shelter :D :D :D They did a big thing in the local paper about the amount of unwanted bunnies and im just like :shock:

Also they are giving away free hay and stuff to people who adopt a bunny through the animal shelter to encourage people not to buy pets and also are only selling dog cages as suitable housing for house buns instead of the rabbit cages seen in pet shops :D

Its just such a change in their attitude I cannot believe it :shock: Im going up tomorrow to check it out :lol: That gives me two local places I can buy pet supplies from now! We have only two other pet shops and one garden center selling buns and I really hope they stop selling too, but doubt it :(

you should also contact them and mention how pleased you are with their actions - and point out to the other pets shops that you won't be buying from them till they do the same. ;)
great news though!

thats great to hear:D we have 2 garden centres near us nd one stopped selling pets about 10years ago sadly the other one still sells them and some are in small cages they even breed from longterm stock its soo sad:cry:

lisa

you should also contact them and mention how pleased you are with their actions - and point out to the other pets shops that you won't be buying from them till they do the same. ;)
great news though!

That is an excellent idea and would rienforce to garden centres that they are adoing the right thing . .... just wish more garden centres and pet shops would do the same. I spend quite a bit each month on bits and bobs for animals, I wish more of it could be spent in local shops rather than on the internet.

We are lucky that my local pet supplies doent sell animals but does nice hay ...... pitty they dont sell all the bits I need.

I already dont shop anywhere that sells animals. The only things I can buy here is my hay and megazorb because it comes from a horse feed place and pellets/cat food from my vet, everything else I get off the internet from England :) But this gives me somewhere to shop now!! I can start buying my rat food and stuff here too now ;)

Pointing out to the other pet shops that I wont shop there wont make any difference, im already not allowed to go into one and seeing as I already dont shop in them they arent going to be loosing a customer x

I already dont shop anywhere that sells animals. The only things I can buy here is my hay and megazorb because it comes from a horse feed place and pellets/cat food from my vet, everything else I get off the internet from England :) But this gives me somewhere to shop now!! I can start buying my rat food and stuff here too now ;)

Pointing out to the other pet shops that I wont shop there wont make any difference, im already not allowed to go into one and seeing as I already dont shop in them they arent going to be loosing a customer x

phone anonymously, or get a friend to go in. ;) please also tell us how you got barred from a pet shop, it must be a good story!

phone anonymously, or get a friend to go in. ;) please also tell us how you got barred from a pet shop, it must be a good story!

:lol: Not really the owner just went a bit over the top and banned me because he couldnt be bothered to listen to me :roll:

They offer a boarding service and the cages are tiny, and boarded animals are kept in the shop with the buns they sell. I was complaining about the size of a cage a giant bun was being kept in. They were like well the owner saw the cage and still left them here :? And I was just like I dont care its not big enough blah blah blah. This giant rabbit was in a smaller cage than my rats have :( Im really bad at complaining about stuff so I went and got my sister because I knew she would make a scene :oops: And she did and we are both banned :lol:

Back