• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding Hunny and Mustard

CarmenCole

Mama Doe
Hi

Ok, they have been together for about 1½ hours. Hunny has groomed Mustard once, she has also 'dead bunny flopped' infront of him. He keeps humping her like there's no tomorrow, and she runs off when he does that. :roll: But there has been no fighting, biting, scratching or any nastiness. They are actually sitting together sharing Hunny's bowl of pellets atm!

It's getting dark now, shall I leave them alone for the night, or should I put Mustard in his own hutch for the night and start again tomorrow?

Piccies!(The first 6 pics in this album are from this evening)

Carmen

Sorry Carmen - I'm not sure, I've only done this once! I might be temped to leave them, but sleep nearby if you can (maybe not possible if they're outside :oops:) - hopefully someone more experienced can help you :)

Thanks

I've left them alone for ½hour now to eat my tea. I've just checked them again, and Hunny is giving Mustard a good wash!:D

I think they will be okay. If anyone can confirm, or tell me different, please let me know!

Carmen

They've been out there together for about 3 hours now. Hunny has put Mustard in his place a couple of times (I think he's getting on her nerves a little with the one-track mind - typical bloke. lol), but only with a tug on his whiskers, then he gets the point.

Anyone? How do you think it's going? Please let me know what I ought to do now?:)

Carmen

Well, seeing as no one could give advice last night, I slept on the floor in the lounge with the window open, and left them alone.

This morning, they are very affectionate with eachother. Mustard is still trying to hump Hunny, but not constantly, and she runs off when he does:roll::lol:. Every time Hunny washes herself, Mustard runs over and puts his head down so she can wash him. She tries the same, but he won't groom her, just turns away and carries on. Oh, and Hunny has binkied past Mustard while I was watching them this morning.

But no more than a pulling of the whiskers in the fighting department. The seem to be ok. At what point can I say that they are actually bonded? When can I stop neglecting my family/house and let them get on with it?:lol:

Carmen

Back