• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

One step forwards, 2 step back...

Does anyone feel like they make progress with their Bun, and then suddenly it feels like they go back to square one?
FBB is great, cuddly and inquisitive and friendly. But this last week, he's been growling, hiding in the corner, and not wanting cuddles. It makes me want to cry! He's 2 yrs old and was snipped 18mths ago so I can't put it down to hormones....:cry:

I'm so used to bunnies that that sort of behaviour doesn't bother me too much anymore. it can be heartbreaking when they suddenly lose interest in you. My Emrys lived indoors with me while I was building his run. He was a proper mummys boy but now that he is outside he doesn't want to know me and even grunts when I try to pick him up.
I have found you have to do it on a bunnie's terms. They either fell like it or they don't. Dogs are so much more willing to give affection but bunnies keep more to themselves despite being sociable creatures. I think their being prey animals has a lot to do with it.

On the other hand the wee man might be ill or feel threatened by something (change in his environment or even a change in you like new perfume for example). bear with him and watch him closely. He may just be feeling moody this week.

Back