• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

plants for a rabbit tub

tickles

Mama Doe
Would it be daft to put flowers in the rabbit run :oops: i know they have toys but i just wanted to make it more interesting for them.Nope im not mad honesly.
If so which flowers/herbs would be best.

i like the idea i have got some herbs to put in the rabbit room although havent got round to splitting the plant up yet but i have done it before and they loved it.
just make sure they have been fully introduced to any herbs or edible flowers (sorry not really sure on flowers and things) and dont put too much in because they wont last i would expect they will be nibbled right down to the ground within minutes

is your run on grass or concrete? if its on concrete you could always plant some planters with grass for them of if it is already on grass maybe get some timothy/orchard/oat grass seeds and randomly sow a few every week or so so the bunnies can enjoy the shoots and different varieties of grass :) i think you can buy the seeds from one of the online shops alhough not 100% sure which :?:oops:

it is on grass then for a change and to help the grass grow back again i put it on concrete.As its not one attached to a hutch :cry:
What herbs should i try any sugestions.

i give mine herbs and stuff that i try to grow in pots

if i put it in the run it would be all gone within minutes and never grow again:lol:

i didint see that :oops: :cry: that looks great.
Must double check all th eplants and herbs first then see where i can get them from and the planters too.:D

Honeys favourites are parsley and daisys, I've also planted him sage, mint (which he loves) thyme and rosemary which he will eat but isn't as fussed with.

Ive planted them in big pots so they can grow fairly big but I prefer them in pots because I have so many slugs in my garden which would just love to eat them:roll: so I put them all up onto a bench that the slugs cant climb and they are doing really well.

Maybe you could plant some grass like cheekytikki suggested and then take a handful of mixed herbs and sprinkle them on the grass so they dont over eat them and they still have something to do by foraging.

Back