• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hobbes abscess again! *updated

Estelle

Wise Old Thumper
Hobbes is booked in for monday to have an anaesthetic and have the abscess removed again and packed with antibiotic beads.
He has also been given a course of baytril as well as the depocillin he's been on for the last month. The vet said he may need to have an injection of depocillin every week for the rest of his life to prevent the abscess coming back and she is also going to have a good look at his teeth to see if thats caused it in the first place.
I'm so glad he's getting more treatment as flushing out the abscess and depocillin on it's own haven't improved it at all.

Hobbes has been such a good boy at the vets and letting me flush out his abscess. He really is a very special rabbit :D

cutiehobbes-1.jpg

Last edited:
what a cute little face :p hope he will be better soon - I'm sure Maa had baytril along with the metronidazole, just for a week - it didn't hurt giving them together :)

I hate abscesses:evil: i know exactly what you are going through and so sorry you have to go through this again! it's amazing how they cope though isn't it and somehow know that you are helping them!
sending lots of vibes for you and hobbes, hope all goes well!
lisa and the buns

hey estelle my amoss used to have abscess poping up on every few months, he used to get it on hes toes, back,ears, chin everywhere we tryed everything you said but also i read something on the internet about benadryl sin allergy relief and we used that with he med from vets and after a few week they used to dried up and drop off. i asked my vet and she said it was ok to use i think i got it from chemist and its for skin problems its a orange cream and it say to apply four times aday. work for my amoss hope this helps :wave:

Thanks for all your well wishes :) I have my fingers crossed it will work this time and he can make a full recovery. He's such a sweet bunny, he doesn't deserve to go through this but he is being so brave. He's getting lots of fuss and treats to make up for it.

Did you ask the vet about the antibiotic beads? it worked really well for Alfie! i know ive said that hundreds times before:oops:

Did you ask the vet about the antibiotic beads? it worked really well for Alfie! i know ive said that hundreds times before:oops:

Yes, I saw Lisa this time and she is going to put antibiotic beads in. She is really nice and seemed to know what she was talking about.

what a handsome bunny.....

i really hope this treatment goes well and helps......

berties only had one abscess and we were very lucky with it but robs warned us they then reoccur anywhere and i always freak out....i cant imagine how you cope and esp this brave little stunner.

loads of vibes and nosey rubs xxxx

Loads of vibes for next week, really hope it gets sorted, battling with one here too, so lots of get well wishes.:D

Ooh I think I have a new favourite forum bunster! :love: Sending millions of special vibes so the little man can kick these nasty abcesses XX

Back