• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sponsored RU Ban- In Aid of BARC (Barnsley Animal Rescue Center)

Sooz

Wise Old Thumper
Hi All,

In order to raise some much needed funds for BARC's (Barnsley Animal Rescue Centers) bunnies I am putting myself forward for a SPONSORED RU BAN!

For every £5 raised I will be BANNED from the forum for 1 WHOLE DAY for up to 7 days. For every £10 pledged hereafter I will be BANNED for a FURTHER DAY. There is no ultimate limit on how long I can be banned for :shock::shock::shock:

Tamsin has agreed to instigate my ban for the required amount of time which means I will not be able to post on the forum. I'm sure some of you will be greatly relieved by that :lol::lol::lol:

The start date for the ban will be Monday 7th July 2008. The deadline for sponsorship to be given is 11pm on Sunday 6th July 2008.

I can accept Paypal or a Cheque.....PM me for details.

Please donate if you can, BARC are finding it quite hard going at the moment and this money is very much needed to help them continue their fantastic work.

Thank You in advance for any help you can give :D

Ooh Sooz, are you sure this is a goood idea :( Some of us (probably a lot of us) rely on your advice :D You would be incredibly missed.

Perhaps we should sponsor you to stop on RU!

Of course! But you probably have no idea how reassuring it is to find posts from you and Jane to us lesser (bunny) mortals when we need help and advice!

Not that I want to get rid of you but.......I'll sponsor you as its for BARC, I'll have to wait til next pay day tho :oops::lol:

Intriguing. I'd be more than happy to sponsor you, but as above only as it's for a good cause of course! ;) :D

:lol::lol::lol:

Thank you.

If it makes anyone feel better.....and more likely to sponsor me.....I can leave my mobile number with someone incase anyone really does need me for something someone else cannot help with. Better?

Can Tamsin also block your IP address to prevent you viewing the forum? Because not being able to post is only half of it! :D

I dont know actually. Though I was hoping for some level of trust :rolleyes:

You can block the forum yourself... although I now just need to remember how it's done :roll: It was something to do with hosts files.. :? If I remember I'll let you know - I had to employ the very same tactic whilst trying to write my thesis last year :lol:

I'll sponsor you :wave: (not that we won't miss you of course!)

You can block the forum yourself... although I now just need to remember how it's done :roll: I had to employ the very same tactic whilst trying to write my thesis last year :lol:

I'll sponsor you :wave: (not that we won't miss you of course!)

If anyone knows how....of course it must be reversable! Then I am happy to do that.

Thank you Tracy :wave:

No problem! :D I edited my post just as you were replying - the phrase ' host file' rings a bell. I bet Happy Hopping or one of the other computery people on here will know. It was really easy and totally reversible, I just needed it as a reminder that I supposed to be writing and not on RU :oops:

Can we do block bookings?, like if we want to get rid of you for a month will you do a special rate?:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Last edited:
Back