• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

OMG I just climbed a jungle!

buddabun

Warren Veteran
I know that doesn't even make sense but I am shattered!! Went on a 'walk' today through the jungle in a place called "Bukit Shabandar". "Bukit" means hill. and boy were there a lot of them! Plus in the jungle it was swelteringly hot - i have never sweated so much in all my life. My camera conked out half way through (battery luckily, nothing serious) but I managed to get a couple of shots which I now cannot upload!!!

It was 2 hours of absolute exhaustion - the heat really takes it out of you!

just uploading. they're not very good but the jungle was very pretty inside! bloomin hot but pretty nonetheless :)

mostly lizards. sawa mahoosive spider when we stopped to soak ourselves in a little waterfall. it was right above my head and i screamed :oops:

here are some pics, apologies for pants quality:

Views (they dont capture how beautiful it was - rainforest :D):
DSC_2766.jpg

DSC_2769.jpg

Weird twisty vines:
DSC_2778.jpg

Lizards:
DSC_2777.jpg

DSC_2761.jpg

Blimey H, that is breath taking and it is all on your doorstep? I can't believe it. Who can say they have walked in a jungle. I am off to my back yard to mope now! :lol:

not much really! but there was the noise of cicadas everywhere and little creatures rustling in the bush. It was great fun but I fear I won't be able to move tomorrow... We did it at the hottest time of day too (1200-1400!) - not my choice :lol:

was good fun but I'll leave it a while before trying again I think :)

Oh it looks lovely.....when i was a kid we lived in South Africa for a while ,dad was working there,I have great memories of seeing chameleons and safari park type wildlife.....feeding baboons oranges....its great....lucky you!!

Back