• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Oh No!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *UPDATE* Miraculous Recovery!

elve

Banned
what did I just say an hour ago? :(

awww I'm glad she's better :D I'm losing count of how many bunnies this week with stasis :shock: I wonder why - maybe they are all moulting or something - it's a very worrying trend!

vibes for Primrose please :( (the mainly white one in my sig) and yes she's moulting like mad - I think with the damp weather they are licking themselves more too, to get dry again :roll: Have all been eating more grass and greenstuff too - I should have listened to the voices in my head warning me about that yesterday :( Can't do anything for her at the mo as Benny is having a run on the patio - I've never handled her in 3yrs so it should be fun syringing her :?

Last edited:
Hopefully its just a minor upset, a couple of mine got gassy after eating too much spring grass at the weekend, so just gave them some fibreplex, metacam and infacol...they were fine by the next day :D

Vibes for Primrose xx

:wave: Thank you so much for your vibing :D yes she is miraculously ALL BETTER NOW!!!!! :shock: I just can't believe it - I could collapse in a heap with relief :lol:

I cleaned the patio with Benny (he likes to help :roll:) - made sure he skipped about a lot - don't want him getting stasis too (you should see the moult he's going through :shock:)

Picked some dandelions and a few blades of grass, just to stop the girls beating me up now they've got used to their delicious mid-morning snack....Primrose was still laying on the floor in the corner - when I gave them pellets for breakfast she was so bad she was up and down like a yo-yo and rolling on her back waving her feet in the air poor girl :shock:

She ran and hid in a cardboard box while her sisters started demolishing the grass. So I have the song in my head 'you've got to be cruel to be kind...' etc. - Tip up the box and shake her onto the floor, stack all the boxes in a pile so there's no escape :? She runs outside - good she is moving!

I tried giving her a dandelion leaf (she is greedy guts normally) - she scoffed it down :shock: gave her another - she ate half then spat it out and went running in the shed to sulk again - had done a huge wee though :D

So I followed her round the shed clucking - she let me stroke her and pull a bit of fur out :shock: Can't get near her normally....then suddenly she did that little shake they do when you let them out - up on her back feet, and did 3 binkies in a row :shock: I thought are those binkies or is she having convulsions? :shock: All the grass gone by now - she started licking her sisters mouths - I thought hang on - she's trying to lick the grass juice off their chops - she's hungry!!!!!!! (started feeling a bit hopeful :))

And so here it is - might be a gardener's worst nightmare, but it's nature's medicine cabinet! I handfed her some blackberry leaves, and lots of plantain which she ate by herself (very good for tummies) and then she dived into the fresh pile of grass and dandelions - cos of course she'd had no pellets :rolleyes: Last seen fighting her sisters to get in the hay boxes :D

garden.jpg

Last edited:
yep it's definitely worth planting some tubs with dandelions if you have no garden - and your neighbours will thank you when the seeds blow over onto their patch :p

Back