• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Mum just doesn't understand...

Status
Not open for further replies.
...how important Bella's vaccinations are!

Yesterday when we exited the vets, mum said, "Does Bella have to have these all her life?" and I replied, yes. Mum started getting really angry and shouting at me :cry: I worked it out, Bella's Myxomatosis vaccinations are every April and October. I'm not sure about her VHD ones though :roll:

What should I do as I am aware how fully important they are for Bella? I'm going to try and make sure I do jobs often and put the amount for the vaccinations aside. I'll even hide the money from my mum if I have to!

Diana xx :cry:

...how important Bella's vaccinations are!

Yesterday when we exited the vets, mum said, "Does Bella have to have these all her life?" and I replied, yes. Mum started getting really angry and shouting at me :cry: I worked it out, Bella's Myxomatosis vaccinations are every April and October. I'm not sure about her VHD ones though :roll:

What should I do as I am aware how fully important they are for Bella? I'm going to try and make sure I do jobs often and put the amount for the vaccinations aside. I'll even hide the money from my mum if I have to!

Diana xx :cry:

my parents used to be like this with my first bunnies then tragically mitzi died of suspeced bloat while in mum's care my mum was so upset she doesnt question them being vaccinated again myxi and vhd these days

Thanks for your reply. I wish my mum was like that now :roll:

What do you mean as the vet didn't speak to my mum :shock:

she meant as you said your mum exited vets with you then got angry i wonder if she would be more understanding if you showed her some pictures of how unhappy and ill and painful and depressed a myxi bun gets i hav a vaccs bun chelsea who last year went through it it is really nasty and yup she pulled through tho but i know without the vaccs she wouldnt have made it. just keep doing your best always put some money aside and that way it would be there if you needed it.also remember that vaccs for myxi although are strongest at 6monthly intervals they are in some areas not as nessecitty to have done every 6 months and some low risk areas are annually so dont panic if you cant always make 6 monthly just do your best.obviously 6 monthly is ideal but if you havent the money then annually would at least cover her with some protection.

she meant as you said your mum exited vets with you then got angry i wonder if she would be more understanding if you showed her some pictures of how unhappy and ill and painful and depressed a myxi bun gets i hav a vaccs bun chelsea who last year went through it it is really nasty and yup she pulled through tho but i know without the vaccs she wouldnt have made it. just keep doing your best always put some money aside and that way it would be there if you needed it.also remember that vaccs for myxi although are strongest at 6monthly intervals they are in some areas not as nessecitty to have done every 6 months and some low risk areas are annually so dont panic if you cant always make 6 monthly just do your best.obviously 6 monthly is ideal but if you havent the money then annually would at least cover her with some protection.

I think she's calmed down now though which I think is a bit better. She's just said sorry :shock:

So maybe close this thread now?

there is actually doubt about whether animals need vaccinations their whole life, or whether they have immunity after one or 2 shots - and there's also doubt about whether constantly vaccinating an animal does it more harm than good - but that's a whole different topic and not one that vets will support any research into, as of course playing on people's fears gives them a nice income :?

there is actually doubt about whether animals need vaccinations their whole life, or whether they have immunity after one or 2 shots - and there's also doubt about whether constantly vaccinating an animal does it more harm than good - but that's a whole different topic and not one that vets will support any research into, as of course playing on people's fears gives them a nice income :?

I know :?

I feel sorry for my mum now I posted this thread :cry:

Someone please close it??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back