• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Coping with laminate flooring

bunnyman

New Kit
We have just bought 2 ten week olds rabbits and they are struggling with our laminate floor, in the conservatory. Needless to say they will be house rabbits and I'm wondering what to put in their enclosure which will help them.
Is it safe to lay down carpet, or should I just put down a load of newspaper/cardboard? Other poeple must be in the same position?

We have just bought 2 ten week olds rabbits and they are struggling with our laminate floor, in the conservatory. Needless to say they will be house rabbits and I'm wondering what to put in their enclosure which will help them.
Is it safe to lay down carpet, or should I just put down a load of newspaper/cardboard? Other poeple must be in the same position?

Some people use carpet lines or even old towels until they get used to the floor

It does get better! Although I'm remembering spending several nights watching a baby Lucifer try and sit still on the laminate and O/H & I trying not to laugh too much every time her little front legs slid out from under her! :lol:

Carpet's OK if you don't have a muncher - I do but he leaves the rug downstairs well alone!

Cardboard & newspaper & good, something to play with and chew on too! :roll::lol:

my 2 are outdoors but come in and go as they please as i leave the door open.... they are fine on kitchen tiles and snowy has no problem with laminate in living room until spooked by something then she skids... but dora has to have towels and carpet laid out for her like a royal person lol she wont leave them either to venture onto the laminate... sorry know this doesnt help but just i dknow where you coming from xx

A few of mine really struggled at first. You can lay down rubber matting or carpet:D Mine are all good now though - it just takes time:D

my 2 are outdoors but come in and go as they please as i leave the door open.... they are fine on kitchen tiles and snowy has no problem with laminate in living room until spooked by something then she skids... but dora has to have towels and carpet laid out for her like a royal person lol she wont leave them either to venture onto the laminate... sorry know this doesnt help but just i dknow where you coming from xx

:lol: Poppy is the same, her feet are a lot fluffier than Charlies are though, he moves around on it no problem, she's started to venture out onto it a bit more but she tends to stick to the edges when she does.

Back