• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Just a quick question re bunny partners

xx-lou-xx

Young Bun
Browsing around the rescue websites and looking at available bunnies. For Most of the single buns if they are male it says looking for a home with a neutered female and visa versa... does this mean they are ONLY looking for a home with a bun of the opposite sex? Or can same sex pairs be considered ( both neutered obviously )

Yea i've read on here that a lot of people have same sex pairs but the rescues seem to want boys and girls pairs ... hmmm :)

I think its just that they are the easiest to pair up ;) Im sure there is a rescue that would consider bonding your bun with a same sex friend :)

yes "normally" two neutered opposite sex buns are easiest to bond but we treid our chelsea with boys and she wouldnt have any of them....or a few girlies/....we eventrually found her new freind sooty (thankyou to all involved again!) who is her new best freind grooming each other and munching together. nb sooty and chelsea are both girls. i also have another pair...dora and snowy again both girls while both my pairs are currently one neutered one not.... dora is due in this month for spey and not sure how mum proceeding with sooty as she is 9years and anestetic is a higher risk with her age but it seems to be working fine there are always exceptions to the rules but generally a m/f pairing is easier to bond!

Back