• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

just back from the vets....

coco1200

Warren Veteran
bunnies had their myxi jabs today :D
did not enjoy it at all. hermiones thumping her feet right now and refusing to come out of the carrier :?

must say, i am extremley pleased with the cat and rabbit care clinic.
i cannot reccomend them enough! i had a guy named Tim, becuase the permanent vets are on annual leave. hes a really nice person, and great with the buns. he was shocked to see how big they were though :lol::lol:

my dad got told by the nurse there though! he said 'these jabs are such a waste of money theyre only pets' :censored: ooooh she told him!! :lol:
she really did get to him as well. made him shut his trap
then, Tim told my dad about VHD, and gave him a leaflet about it. he read the leaflet, and now my dads said hes gonna pay for the VHD in 2 weeks time :shock::shock:

Well done Bunnies !! :D
And well done VN for getting Dad educated!! :p:p

OK then, well done Dad for saying you'll pay for the VHD Vaccs :thumb:

Janex

Whoohoo. I remember my dad being very difficult to convert but he did build all my runs, so he is redeemed.

Good news about the jabs too.

i know!
i think hearing about it from someone else, and not me made him look and see that im not just doing it becuase im 'obsessed' with my rabbits

good job VN :D

Haha!! :lol: That's brilliant - new vets are great, buns get myxi jab, dad gets educated, and VHD jab is free! - sounds like a good day all in all! :lol:

Haha!! :lol: That's brilliant - new vets are great, buns get myxi jab, dad gets educated, and VHD jab is free! - sounds like a good day all in all! :lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

set me back £52 for both the buns though :shock:

and OMG - i found dad feeding them some digestive biscuits after we came back from the vets. he said 'its a treat for them after all that stress' :shock::shock::shock:

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh dont be suprised if you logg on and find a member with the name 'coco'sdad' :lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

set me back £52 for both the buns though :shock:

and OMG - i found dad feeding them some digestive biscuits after we came back from the vets. he said 'its a treat for them after all that stress' :shock::shock::shock:

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh dont be suprised if you logg on and find a member with the name 'coco'sdad' :lol:

Aww glad that your Dad was 'told' and now a new found rabbit lover! :lol:

£52 for 2 myxi jabs? :shock: I took Moo for her Myxi jab yesterday - she was dead good bless her - and it was £17.99 for it! £26 each does sound rather a lot. Mine is an expensive vet at the best of times!!!

Aww glad that your Dad was 'told' and now a new found rabbit lover! :lol:

£52 for 2 myxi jabs? :shock: I took Moo for her Myxi jab yesterday - she was dead good bless her - and it was £17.99 for it! £26 each does sound rather a lot. Mine is an expensive vet at the best of times!!!

i know thats what i was thinking, but they said if you choose to have the VHD in the next 2 weeks, they discount the price of it for you, and charge £15 instead of £26 again.
its really wierd, but generally, im very pleased with the service.

i dunno if he gave the myxi right though,
he gave most of it in the scruff, and then a teeny shot directly into the skin.

ETA - never mind :lol: reading other posts and saw that all vets are different :lol:

i know thats what i was thinking, but they said if you choose to have the VHD in the next 2 weeks, they discount the price of it for you, and charge £15 instead of £26 again.
its really wierd, but generally, im very pleased with the service.

i dunno if he gave the myxi right though,
he gave most of it in the scruff, and then a teeny shot directly into the skin.

For my boys Myxi, they did it in the scruff, but the first time they had it, they did a bit in the ear, and a bit in the scruff. For VHD she put it in the scruff:D
Jack :D

Back