• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

sheds ... again :)

xx-lou-xx

Young Bun
i know i keep asking lots of questions about rabbit housing, sheds, playhouses etc but i just want to manke sure i get it right before i go ahead and buy anything! But....
Would a 6ft x 4ft shed or playhouse be suitable for 2 bunnies? This is about the size i could reasonably have in the garden :) thanks

Perfect size!
Mine have got a 5ft x 5ft and a huge run, so if you could hve a run also, this would be great!
Jack x x

ok great thankyou!
How do you attach your run to the playhouse ?
I was thinking maybe a cat flap as i can safely lock it at night?

We have a catflap.

Smart Hollie can use it but Herb has not got the knack :(

I prop it open for them using a large 'Fiddle sticks' so that it makes a tunnel for them too.

My run is built around my playhouse, (It is nearly 34ft) so my playhouse is inthe run, I just open the door, and the buns come and go as they please x
Hope this helps x
Jack :D

wow that's huge!
I was thinking of putting something like a shelf up in the playhouse but wasn't really sure how to go about it :?
Is yours 'single storey' ... what did you put in yours to entertain the buns... so many questions :)

wow that's huge!
I was thinking of putting something like a shelf up in the playhouse but wasn't really sure how to go about it :?
Is yours 'single storey' ... what did you put in yours to entertain the buns... so many questions :)

I love questions :D
My buns moved into it in February, so it has been single story since then, they have got a dog kennel, with Hay and bedding in it, as they like to sleep in it.

They have got a small table in the corner which the love to sit on. Also, they have got a wicker dog bed, and a cushion. They love it inside the playhouse, I put a few toys in there aswell for the night, but aslong as they have got plenty of things to sit on, and places to 'go' they will be fine :D

I am however, putting a shelf across the back, aprox. 4ft x 2ft, so they can sit up on that. Using shelf brackets, and wood.

Hope this helps x
Jack :D

I have runs attached to my sheds, but I lock the buns up inside at night.

Treacle and Snow's

Runwithcover.jpg

Lopotel4.jpg

Blossom and Pippin's

Stage7b.jpg

Rabswood

Brilliant pics , thank you!
Did you buy your shed new? if so what sort of price was it ?
I'm trying to look for a second hand one but it's so hard to find a decent one in my area.
I found a play house that was going for free...needed some work but it was worth it for free! But then i rang up and it had gone :( not suprisingly!

Back