• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What Treats Do You Give Your Rabbits?

Kibbles

Mama Doe
Following on from the Treat Ball thread, what sorts of treats do you give your buns?

Occasionally I give them Yogies, which I believe are only sold in America. (I got them in Florida.)

dried banana, the occassional piece of fresh banana, apple, raspberry, strawberry, pear. But to be honest they see their pellets and veg as a treat!!! You can put their pellets in the treat ball and make them work for them rather than just getting them in a bowl.

Minstrel is usually the one pushing it around with Piper following along behind picking up what falls out :roll::lol:

Dried fruit, weetabix, shreddies, shredded wheat. They also like those fish shaped treats that you find in P&H.

My buns aren't really into fruit for some reason?

I don't give mine bought treats but they get herbs or small pieces of fruit as treats. I just give them their pellets in their treat ball instead of their dish to keep them busy!

Tiny chunks of banana and grapes are the favorites. Carrot tops, willow leaves and branches as well. I rarely buy treats from the shops and prefer to go collecting.

Ah, just seen your post Pipstrel. Think our bunnies sound similar. Ted understands the treat ball perfectly but Lola follows him around looking bemused (but pleased!) as to where the pellets come from.

Rodney doesn't really like any fruit so he doesn't really get a treat, if i'm feeling sorry for him, i give him a little bit of muslei mix with his pellets because he really does like it and i feel mean :oops:

They get fruit as treats, and the odd dried fruit like a raisin or bit of dried banana.

You can get yoggies here (yoghurt drops are they?) they are popular for rats I think.

Mine go crazy for fresh banana!
And it is really funny hearing them eat it!

They also love greens, grapes, the odd raisin

And as me and my mum found out ... Moonshine. Scraggles and two of scrags siblings (who are staying here for the next month due to unforeseen circumstances) Like malted biscuits and muller yoghurts :shock: If you are eating them they will try to snatch them off you!:?

I very occasionally give Millie a small peice of fruit, however I don't usually give her anything other than her hay/veg/pellets. Tough love I'm afraid!;)

herbs, treat baskets, chew blocks, all stuff from the natural range at pets at home, the buns love them!!

Fresh herbs - basil is Bobbin's fave. Some veg, carrot tops, the occasional piece of fruit, add the odd extra pellet when the need to be lured somewhere :rolleyes: :lol:

I have just bought a packet of dried fruit leaves too which Bobbin seems to like :)

Roo is not allowed treats yet coz she's too little :no: :lol:

Fresh herbs - basil is Bobbin's fave. Some veg, carrot tops, the occasional piece of fruit, add the odd extra pellet when the need to be lured somewhere :rolleyes: :lol:

I have just bought a packet of dried fruit leaves too which Bobbin seems to like :)

Roo is not allowed treats yet coz she's too little :no: :lol:

Rooooooooooooooooooooooo! :love:

Naughty cheeky Bun

Hi all, I'm new on here!
My little boy, Fatty BunBun, is partial to chocolate digestives :oops:
When my husband was watching TV with the biscuit box and not paying attention, FBB jumped on the sofa, dived in the biscuit barrel on his lamp, and stole a biscuit, which had to be wrestled off him!!!
Obviously not good for him, so now I keep them away from him, but it was very funny.....

I'm mean and only give my bunnies nibble rings as they are grass based. I buy them from zooplus as it works out loads cheaper. I normally order around 40 boxes at a time :)

Back