• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

uh-oh

lilminxlou

Mama Doe
well as you al know, gumpy had the chop last week, he had his stitches out yesterday, i did it mainly as i want to bond him with a female im thinking of taking on (posted on my dilema thread) he tried to hump me once ages ago but he never did it again.........
until last night :? he was playing his usual games with us when he came up o me scratched like he was digging into the inside bit of my elbow :? then bit me, clamped on and humped me like his life depended on it :? i couldnt get him off as he was proper clamped into my skin (ive now got a rabbit mouth shaped scar on my wrist) is this just his hormones raging ( the vet said that this wouldnt happen :evil:) lol she also said he would get the urge if there was a female bun about but he wouldnt actually do anything :( lol do you think he will do this again? if so what can i do to stop it as funny as my O/H found it i didnt enjoy it much lol

It will take longer than a week for his hormones to settle,in his mind hes still an intact randy male :lol: Give him a few more weeks and he should calm down.

ok thanks its just that i heard some people talking about it yet the vet said it wouldnt happen so im a bit uncertain of my vet atm, she also encourages me to hold him just by the scruff with no support

I think I would be a bit uncertain of him to :roll:. My boy was humping me like mad the day after his op but after about 2 weeks he calmed right down. I have heard it can take as much as 6-8 weeks for a change in behaviour. A rabbit savvy vet should know this!!! Boys will be boys i guess:lol:

lol :lol: 6-8 weeks? does that mean i shouldnt try bon
ding for around another 9 weeks to be uber safe? or just see how things are?

Ill let someone else answer a bonding question as im not the best at that :oops: . I think its down to the individual rabbit though , they all differ so much. If hes still humping lots i would wait to see if hes calms down a bit first as he may annoy a new girly friend by being so randy.

He can still produce sperm for about 8weeks so its best not to try bonding until after this time. Unless its a spayed girl? :rolleyes:

Its recommended that you don't bond a male for up to eight weeks after his nueter as he could still be fertile (unless the female is spade obviously). As for personailty wise rodney was neutered 8 weeks ago today, and i only really saw a change in his personality in the past 2 weeks.

ok thanks, im not sure if the female is speyed (i doubt it though :?) which is another concern as i think she's getting too old to get speyed and this means that there is a chance of cervical cancer??

it cant happen until after the 15th of june anyway but just want opinions on whether to bond them?

Back