• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Your Bunnies Routine

Jack-Bun

Warren Veteran
What is your buns routine??

This is Drake and Josh's:

6.00am- They come out of their playhouse, run round for about 1/2 an hour.
6.30-7am- They go into their hutch (which is in their run, so they can 'chill out'
12pm- They come into their run, have a run around.
12.30-1pm- Back into the hutch, for a sleep.
3pm- Out into the run, where they spend most of the day, they run around etc.
3.30-4pm- Pellet time.
5pm- Chillin' in the grass.
(Playing in the run all this time).
10-11pm- They go to bed:cry:

Jack x x

Billy's routine (also involves Rocky)
06:00am wake up as Dad poddles through and bite the crate bars to get out.
06:30am Dad leaves, go in huff.
07:00am Mum comes through let out for 30mins or so.
07:30am Back in crate, hump Rocky

I figure they eat/poop/sleep during this time.

05:00pm Let out of crate
between this and when we go to bed they eat, poop, flop, binky, hump and then its bed time!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

7.30 a.m. Check and feed bunsters.
WORK
5.30 p.m. Check bunsters, clean litter trays and let them out to play (if it is nice weather their first hour is in the play pen on the grass and then put back into garage for free run all evening)
10 p.m. Put them away and supper!

They have permanent access to their large run during the day and night.

Easy routine :lol:

lets see bunny routine
6am - sleep
9am - breakfast and chase the broom and play 'get in mummys way'
9:30 am - sleep
12 noon - get annpoyed by mummy bugging to check food and water levels
12.30pm - sleep
mid afternoon - play with mummy and go hide under her bed and play in the 'storage' then go back home to sleep
10pm - supper time and chase the brrom
11pm - make as much noise as possible time
11.30pm - sleep

i have quite lazy buns :lol::lol: well maybe i overexagerate! they eat more throughout the day and occasionally play with their toys.

grief you are up early :shock:

I feed the girls their pellets about 7.30am, let Benny out to the loo then feed him his at about 8am - leave him out for a run till about 9.30 - present him with a dish of warm water, which he partakes of, like a gent sipping fine wine :rolleyes: - shut him in with some hay and dandelions if it's summer.

Let the girls out - give them some dandelions too, or WWIII breaks out - give them a bromelain tablet if they're moulting - they all stand in a nice row waiting like ladies :lol: Get them some hay at 10.30 and shut them in at 11am

........snoozy time - they eat their poops and hay - yum yum

If I can be bothered and it's summer and not pouring with rain - pick a washing up bowl full of long grass, dandelions and plantain around 4pm - bundle to the girls, bundle to Benny, mountains to the squealing piggies :p

Give the girls a handful of chopped carrots in the shed at 4.30, and let Benny out - he runs to a 'secret corner' with his slice of carrot - mwa ha ha ha! victory is his for he has the carrot! :lol:

Do the pigs veg at 5pm, when the squealing reaches fever pitch :rolleyes:

shut Benny in at 6.30 with some greens - give the girls theirs and leave the shed door open till 8.30pm

Supper time for bunnies at 9.30pm - another quick run on the patio, followed by pellets and hay :)

Feed/water/hay for piggies at 10.30pm - enjoy the sound of happy munching while it lasts :D

Last edited:
Molly and Faline's routine I don't know till about 10am when I emerge.

so i'll start from there.

10AM-ish. Hassle mum for food - get let out.
10.30 am, try and steal mum's breakfast. get some veg.

11- about 3, veging out under the dining room table or snoozing in crate. Occassional wanders around, Faline might come upstairs to see me.

3 - create some havoc. Get hay topped up and treat ball. Poo's swept.

4.30 Daddy home.

6-ish, human dinner time to locked in crate. More veg and hay.

6.30 let out. Annoy Daddy.

8pm. Given treat ball

11pm given rest of pellets and bed.

The outside buns are easier. They get checked in the morning by Dad - 7ish. Given hay and water.
I usually give them veg at around 12.
Then they do what they like for the rest of the day, unless it's sunny and then they get let into the garden. At 7pm they get their pellets.

They have permanent access to a run so don't need to be put to bed or aything.

We dont do routines, even for ourselves...all we do for the buns is make sure they get their feedings at the same time every day, and they usually have the longest playtime in the evening but if were going out well let them out all day instead

8.00am - Go say morning give them some brekky and pet them for a bit and get them out for the day

8.30 - 5pm Work - who knows what they get up too :shock:

Sometimes im in for lunch at 1pm - They are usually sleeping

5.30pm - Normally hopping about outside

6.30-7.00pm - Come inside to play

10.00pm - Go in for the night and have their dinner

In school time its

6:45am - feed, water & cuddles, usually let them run around on the gravel

... stuff happens here :lol:

4pm - check them over, put back in hutch
6pm - bring inside for a bit & PLAY =]
7:30pm - back into the hutch
8:30pm - night night

:rolleyes: exciting huh. but in the holidays its much more fun...i guess.

8am - feed water and bring inside. feed honey & muffin too and pearl.
PLAY TIME GOES HERE
12:30pm - lunch :D
PLAY TIME GOES HERE
9pm - back in hutch & feed.

mmm not very different really. :rolleyes:

6.30am - I wake up, look out of window and check bunnies are ok!

7.00am - go feed and water bunnies (later on the weekends!)

7.15am - 6.15pm - I work - bunnies are bunnies of leisure!!

6.30pm - if weather is find they go onto the lawn for a couple of hours, I clean and tidy as necessary, cuddles and nose rubs distributed as appropriate!

9.00pm (ish) - get their evening feed!

Big cleans would be at the weekend!

Not sure they have a routine as such, but they know if I'm late with their morning feed!

Hannah

6:30- give them pellets (give them half an hour to eat)
7:00 - put magic in the run/shed/my bedroom
7:20 give them veggies and top up water and hay
then i go to school
4:30 top up water and hay
7:00-train/groom/play
9:00 put magic back in her hutch

Well on my days off its like this

7am feed buns
8am give them a half hour run on the lawn

1pm 1-2 hours playtime on lawn depending on weather
Hay and water is also replenished, litter trays cleaned.

6pm bonding time for me and buns in the run

8pm Another hal hour run
9pm supper time

Becuase they live in a run, they don't get shut up at night. Thier routine is to be lively in the early morning, snooze in the afternoon and play from evening onwards. They are probably up to all sorts of mischief in the wee small hours.

grief you are up early :shock:

im rarely up before 9am :lol: i guess they are asleep though s i always wake them up wheni got in there with their brekkie takes them a few seconds and some strtching/yawning before they come and see me :lol:

Abbey and Nunzeo's is:
Wake mummy up at 5am, even if she's not working.
Get fed at 5.10am ish
Play and jump on mum's bed till 9ish, then sleep anywhere
1.30 get checked on by mum
5pm mum cleans out the trays
10pm veggies time.

Jesse's is pretty much the same, apart from being out of her cage between 5am and 11pm.

We have two routines as Simon works 7 nights and then has 7 nights off so he only works 2 weeks a month and gets paid more then I do working the whole month, good work if you can get it!

Anyway working week:
7.30am Arthur and Dylan get some pellets, fresh water and a new bundle of Hay. I then let them out into the garden, the garden is spilt in half as they aren't bonded.
8.30am I leave for work, by which time Simon has arrived home and leaves them eating the grass till 11.30am when they go back into their hutch/runs.
5.30pm Simon wakes up and lets the bunnies back out into the garden they stay out all evening till I put them in their hutch/runs at 11.30pm.
I make sure the litter trays are cleaned every evening and that the food and water cleans are cleaned and refilled.

The weeks Simon is off,
7.30am Arthur and Dylan get some pellets, fresh water and a new bundle of Hay. I then let them out into the garden, the garden is spilt in half as they aren't bonded.
8.30am I leave for work and Simon put the bunnies in the garden where they stay eating grass and sleeping till 11.30pm. We spend alot of time with them as well.

If its raining they come in the house one at a time.

Phew I bet your really bored now! :lol:

8:00am - Cover off hutch, fed breakfast of 40g of SS pellets.
8:15am - Put into their run. Hay replaced.

4:00pm - Clean out hutch - bedroom completely cleaned, litter tray emptied and refilled, bedroom replaced, fed dinner of 40g of SS pellets, hay replaced.
4:30pm - Put into hutch.

9:00pm - Cover over hutch.

Get up about 8.30 am. Open the bedroom door to the rabbit room. Have a look to make sure they are both still alive. - I shout 'come on' and they come running for pellets. Throw the pellets around the room, give them a load of hay - as they spend their time avoiding me. Go in and visit a seemingly empty room several times in the morning and afternoon. Go and sit in bunny room to read. Somethimes the little one will come for a nose rub, sometimes not. At teatime I give them more pellets, greens, more hay. Hubby sits on the floor with the rabbits (I can't) and sometimes Tosh, the little one, comes to see him, but the other one doesn't. When we go to bed we close their door.

We've come to the conclusion that Tosh is our pet bunny and Tish is his companion. But it makes me sad that they don't want to know us.

7.00am Gabe jumps on bed and wakes me up by rubbing his whiskers on my face and staring me out (Daisy waits patiently by bedroom door)

7.30am Feed D & G pellets in living room and go open up Bungle & Nushkas grass (now mud) run and tussle with them trying to get food bowl down without being mobbed.

8.30am - 6.30pm They do bunny things... :roll::roll: which judging by what i come home to, is eat, poop, chew, wee, sleep.

6.30pm Say hi to D & G then go let B & N out for run round garden.

6.30pm to 9ish keep checking in garden to make sure B & N are still there and generally don't get much else done - D & G sleeping under bed

Between 9 & 10pm get harassed by poor starving bunnies.... D & G start following me round house & B & N start pressing noses against conservatory door.... Feed veggies indoors and out and shut B & N back in kennel and run.

11.30 - 12.00 go out say night night to B & N and shut grass (mud) run off. Go back inside where D & G are waiting, then we all go up to bed, me in bed D & G underneath

Phew... !!!:lol::lol:

Julia, I love the free range routine, there's nothing to do except feed them! :lol: Brilliant, must look for house suitable for Bobbin and Roo to be free range, oh and make them stop weeing on the sofa :roll: :lol:

8.45am - Feed pellets, top up water, hay etc, say goodbye for the day :(

9.00 - 6.00pm - Sleep, eat, poo, wee and play!! :lol: Sometimes I know what they are upto from the network cam...

2497734834_39df3d4b5b.jpg

6.00pm - Feed pellets

6.00 - 11.00pm - Out to play in bunny room and downstairs while I am there. Play, eat drink, sleep poo wee, everywhere!! :roll:

11.00pm - Shut back in cage

11.30pm - Light turned out for bed time :D

Thea :wave: i missed out the bit about sweeping and vaccuuming hay from whole house everyday and picking the occasional poop off the bottom of my foot !!:lol::lol:

I love Bobbin & Roos room its so fab if i thought I could get away with it I'd put D & G in one room !!! :D

Back