• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Men tusk, (not all lol) Slabs are laid whooohooo

SOAD

Wise Old Thumper
I'm trying to buy some slabs for my new runs, I think I'm going larger on them and some of my garden is already slabbed so will cover the one run. Anyway I need a run of 10 x 9, 3 runs of 9 x 6, 1 6x6, so being as the slabs are in two by two sizes, I got a price for 80 slabs, being as I'll need 79 and 2 tonne of sand.

Rings up Bryn and tells him to get a quote for 80 slabs, he rings me back and says the guys have worked out your area and you need 37, how the eck did they get to 37 :shock:. I was like no, that's no where near enough, anyway the guy who worked it out is the guy who works out the sizes for the roofs. Anyway I got into a row with Bryn can't believe three blokes who work with measurements all the time can be so stupid.

Last edited:
Ok I found somewhere who is £40 cheaper but they only deliver on Friday not Saturday morning, how quick will it take me to get 80 slabs round the back of the house?

:lol: Dave is a Quantity Surveyor by profession but God only knows how he's done so well, he can't work out amounts for anything at home, he always gets it wrong :roll:

My boyfriend and I moved 90 slabs from the side of his house into the garage. It took us about half an hour but we did use a sack trolley to put 3 or 4 on a once . If you are doing it on your own I would say an hour but depending on how big and heavy the slabs are.

I have been siting here trying to work out what Man Tusk is.....and it's just suddenly occured to me :lol::lol:

It is meant to be t'sk right? :oops:

I have been siting here trying to work out what Man Tusk is.....and it's just suddenly occured to me :lol::lol:

It is meant to be t'sk right? :oops:

:lol::lol: They probably used to have a tusk in the pre Homo Sapiens years.

Took me about half an hour to move 35 slabs from the front of the house to the back. They were approx 18" sq and HEAVY! I could only manage one at a time being only 5 foot and a dog-end! It don't 'arf make your arms feel weak by the time you've finished......................

My boyfriend and I moved 90 slabs from the side of his house into the garage. It took us about half an hour but we did use a sack trolley to put 3 or 4 on a once . If you are doing it on your own I would say an hour but depending on how big and heavy the slabs are.

We have a sack trolley :thumb:

My OH had to carry 70 slabs through the house and a tonne of sand! He said his back was hurting after the first 2!

Took me about half an hour to move 35 slabs from the front of the house to the back. They were approx 18" sq and HEAVY! I could only manage one at a time being only 5 foot and a dog-end! It don't 'arf make your arms feel weak by the time you've finished......................

OMG I'm dreading will be shattered I'm not use to hard work :lol::lol: :lol::lol:

:lol: :shock: Hee hee ooooo Ive done my time moving slabs :lol: Woulod you like to borrow Guy :lol: :shock: :lol: Well done on the bargain slabs !

Back