• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit Hotels????

**lexi**

Warren Scout
Hi
Im going on holiday next month and have to make arrangements for my rabbits to be taken care of in a rabbit hotel.
my sister normally looks after them but cant this time,im a little nervous about them going to strangers...will they take care of them as i do? will they keep to their play and feed routine?
im going to look around this weekend,so what are the things i should look for and what questions should i ask?
Has anyone had any positive experiences with rabbit hotels? :?:?:?

I take Sophie to Bunny Hops Hotel and know that she is 100% fine there and incredibly well cared for :)

You should be able to see where your bun will be staying, how much exersize they will get, what other animals are there, how much playtime they get, what you will need to provide (food etc), how much it is per animal per night, what their policies are in an emergency....

I'm sure people will come up with more questions you should ask too :)

Mine go to Holiday Hutches too and I can relax on holiday knowing that they will be cared for just as well if not better than I care for them myself, and they will also get plenty of cuddles from Aunty Lynne!!

Helen x

Hi everyone,
Thanks for that...i will check these places out.
Im just a bit worried that my new bunny may be pregnant....in which case i dont know if anywhere would take them!?!?!?

alot of places say they won't take a pregnant or sick bunny unless it has been dicussed thouroughly :)
Is she up to date with vaccinations? I'm not sure if pregnant bunnies can have boosters (they might be able to) and most boarders won't accept rabbits that haven't been vaccinated

Iv only had her a week,she is 18 months and never been vaccinated apparently,and she has just started to pull her fur and build a nest.
I really dont know whats goin on with her,but i really hope shes having a false pregnancy as i would be able to get her vaccinated asap and sort out boarding for them. :D

We would have no problem taking her for you if she is pregnant and have a large crate for any buns we need to keep in isolation. We also have 24 hour access to a vet. You would be more than welcome to visit us before making any decision.

i've used holiday hutches for the budgies, and waggytails for the buns.

holiday hutches is towards barnsley, and waggytails near chesterfield. i've only good things to say about both!

when the budgies were at holiday hutches foggy was laying eggs, and the previous month she had been eggbound and suffered a prolapse, so i was proper nervous of leaving her, but lynn text me to say when an egg had been sucessfully laid, and by the time i returned the last thing on foggys mind was egg laying, she was more interested in annoying chuck teh cockatiel and playing with the new toy that auntie lynne (she has lots of neices and nephews ;-)) had bought her!foggy and jimmy are back there in july for two weeks.

waggytails keep the buns in hutches in a shed, whilst i notice holiday hutches have a number of hutches in the garden. i don't know re vacination policy at holiday hutches, but i know that waggytails require to see an uptodate vacination certificate.

Last edited:
Hiya Becks:wave: Domino and Sam would be more than welcome here at any time with or without the budgies, save you travelling to 2 separate places:D We have indoor facilities too upstairs, or we have large crates for downstairs indoor buns. We have always insisted on both myxi and vhd jabs too and no animal requiring vaccinations are allowed in a hutch without us checking certificates first . We have fly nets and wet weather covers for the hutches and they are cleaned out totally every day and rubbish responsibly disposed of. They also have run access daily or if really spoilt they come in the house for a good run around and to watch tele with us:lol:

Oh and we also give 10% of booking fees back to local rabbit rescues.

Last edited:
Another very enthusiastic recommendation for Holiday Hutches! :wave: Lynne and Steve are fab and always take wonderful care of my bunnies and piggies whilst we're away and they get exactly the same food (and even the same hay!) as they do at home. Amber and Flora had piggy pedicures last time they stayed with their Aunty Lynne too :lol: I trust Lynne completely with my animals and knowing that they are so well cared for makes it a lot easier to relax when we're away!

BTW, I've always had to show Frankie and Jen's vaccination certificates for boarding :D

Anyway.. typing all this has just reminded me that I need to book a couple of HH home visits for the weekend we're away... *wanders off to PM Lynne* :lol:

Oh goody I get to get my arm humped by Frankie again:lol::lol::lol: Give them cuddles from me and tell them their Aunty and Uncle will see them soon;)

Lisa's Rabbit Boarding

:wave: Hi Lexi, We provide a caring Rabbit Boarding in 5ft hutches located in Scunthorpe. I have 3 bunnies of my own & all bunnies that come to me will be well looked after to meet their individual needs. Please feel free to contact me: lisajpatel@hotmail.co.uk, 07715 991311:)

Back