• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Post Operation Feeding

Bananaman

New Kit
Help folks!!!..............

Fudge went in for the snip yesterday, I collected him at 4:00pm with a fibreplex in a sceringe (spelling!!) and some powder for his water............

I can't get him to take the fibreplex, he is getting distressed when I hold him and he is cheesed off enough as it is!!! he is drinking his water with the powder in it but I am worried he hasn't eaten much at all and none of the fibreplex.....I have tried putting the stuff on his pellets but he's not taking it...

At which point should I be worried he hasn't eaten??

Any suggestions............

Thanks in advance

Lee

if he has not eaten within 12- 24 hours you must take him back to the vets, if a bunny stops eating their gut mobility starts shuting down - it is extremelly important to take him back. The nurses at the vets can syringe feed them and show you how to syringe feed him if needed. is he pooing and weeing as ?normal? if you sit him on the corner of a tablewith his bum between the ben in the elbow and then slowly lift one lip up and then syring feed that way, if the know they cant go anywhere they will take the feed,
lift the chin up slightly too.
hope this helps! :)

Help folks!!!..............

Fudge went in for the snip yesterday, I collected him at 4:00pm with a fibreplex in a sceringe (spelling!!) and some powder for his water............

I can't get him to take the fibreplex, he is getting distressed when I hold him and he is cheesed off enough as it is!!! he is drinking his water with the powder in it but I am worried he hasn't eaten much at all and none of the fibreplex.....I have tried putting the stuff on his pellets but he's not taking it...

At which point should I be worried he hasn't eaten??

Any suggestions............

Thanks in advance

Lee

Have you tried tempting him with a little bit of grated carrot or his favourite food? I don't think fibreplex is the tastiest food in the world. Our vet suggested baby food (vegetable) if they didn't eat for a while. Hope he eats soon! :D

Thanks, I will try that first then back to the vets later if he still hasn't taken it, normally the wife would help me but she is 7 1/2 months pregnant!!!!!

He is pooing and weeing as his hutch was like a pond earlier!!

he hates being held down but I know its for his own good, its just his usual favourite things, dryed apple etc he has just left:cry:

Will keep you posted

Thanks for the reply

Lee

Not a chance, he has struggled so much he has pulled one of his nails out, have called the vet and he is back in their at 4pm, i feel so guilty trying to make him eat as it stresses him out, hopefully the doc will sort him out

Thanks folks

Lee

Well, the wifes home form work and the little ****** is eating out of her hand, been trying every so often all day......I guess he blames me for his missing assets!!!

Panic over just need to take him in tomorrow to get his stitches checked:wave:

Thanks again everyone!

Back