• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

help!!!

mumofthumps

Alpha Buck
oh i am at my wits end and i dont know what to do i need all of your help!!

Lily was spayed on tuesday and has been too and from the vets in the past few days since , she has started pooing but still wont take food herself and I am syringe feeding her fibreplex and science recovery every few hours but she just wont eat herself. she has been given gut stimulant and pain killers and otherwise is realy bright and seems happy but she jyst wont eat.
I have tried her with carrots, parsley,grapes, grass, cabbage, spring greens etc and i dont know what to do? Please help!:(

I have also tried bonding Violet and thumper over the past 4 weeks gradually and i have let them out together today and they are srapping, some grunting and hair pulling and jumping and chasing is this normal? please help:(:(

Can't help you with the bonding bit but I went through the same with my girly I had a few years back after she was spade my vet tryed her on baby food and ribena and she did take some but she sadly had to be put to sleep a few days later as the infection just took over her. I would check with your vet before trying baby food and ribena but if they say its ok then try it. good luck I will be thinking of you and her hopes she starts to feel better soon

I wouldn't use babyfood or ribena - what you're feeding her is fine but will she eat dandelions, or maybe pellets soaked and mashed up with a splash of boiling water and a slice of banana? Dandelions usually tempt even the most weary bunny :)

hi regarding bonding, humping and chasing is normal. they are sorting out who will be top dog so to speak, this should settle down but keep a close eye on them. good luck

hi all`- i have tried dandelions and the science recovery is looks like massed up pellets with water - im going to go back to the vets again today -i am physically exhausted and work are not being sympathetic at all :(

hi all`- i have tried dandelions and the science recovery is looks like massed up pellets with water - im going to go back to the vets again today -i am physically exhausted and work are not being sympathetic at all :(

Hello

I know this goes against the usual advice but if she is pooing, has had pain relief and is 'bright within herself' leave her alone for a few hours. I suspect the reason she wont eat is due to stress ( hers and yours!! )

Leave her with a supply of her fave foods, a bowl of water and lots of hay. Then just observe from a distance. You may well find that once you leave her alone she will start to eat.

If, however, she is not pooing she will need to see the Vet again.

Poor you :cry: I have only ever had one Doe behave like that post a spay and in the end a shot of diazepam (valium) got her sorted.........:?

Janex

hello thank you for all of your messages- after an erratic crying session from me :shock: i took he rback to the vets, wheer an hour later has eaten a 20ml syringe of science recovery,and half a jar of baby food- and then in the vets run around area sat on top of a castle?! and promptly started munching through anything she could find- grass brocoli, carrots greens all the things I had given her ! (mine were obviously not to her high standard!). and now she is running around the garden oblivious to all the stres i went through! :):lol:

hello thank you for all of your messages- after an erratic crying session from me :shock: i took he rback to the vets, wheer an hour later has eaten a 20ml syringe of science recovery,and half a jar of baby food- and then in the vets run around area sat on top of a castle?! and promptly started munching through anything she could find- grass brocoli, carrots greens all the things I had given her ! (mine were obviously not to her high standard!). and now she is running around the garden oblivious to all the stres i went through! :):lol:

Awwwwwwwww typical Bunny !! :rolleyes: :lol:

So pleased that she is better :)

Janex

Back