• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit housing

mellie

New Kit
Hi , we live opposite a small block of flats ( 6 flats ) thye all have small balcony well on the top one there is a mum and daughter they have a med size lop,in a two tier cage it is not a very big one at all bed upstairs and run on the bottom, i have since found out they also have another bun and a piggy, i can see the lop bun from my front window but no sign of other bun or piggy,but they are smaller so could be why i cant see them. My worry is the cage used to be covered at night by a sheet but not anymore we have had some dredful weather here over the last week and the bottom of the cage has no protection so bun is exposed to rain and winds, what would you do? should i try make friends with the mum as we have pet rabbits in "common" or do i call someone to get them to check the buns out? the rspca by us are totally worthless wont come out for anything , any advice would be a great help!! thanks melinda x

:wave: i'd suggest trying to strike up a friendship with the person - "ooh, you have a rabbit, me too, oooh i'd love to meet it" etc etc then try and give some friendly advice as to better accomodation and so on. "do you cover the hutch in the cold, it can really bite here and rabbits can really suffer" etc.

hope that's some help! :wave:

Well just to update on this person across the road i took my children out today when we came back at 5 pm the woman on the top floor had put her two budgies out on top of the bunny hutch which i thought was a bit mean cos it has not been that warm , well it is now nearly 20 to 8 and its pouring with rain we also have thunder and guess what the poor budgies are still out on the balcony with no shelter what so ever!! i have rung the rspca why i dont know they said "oh they have just forgotten they are out there i expect!!" how on earth can you justify that!! she said if they r still on the balcony in the morning ring us back!!!! why so i can report the two DEAD budgies if i could climb the :censored:balcony myself i :censored:well would and save the budgies and rabbits! oh sorry to rant . melinda

Back