• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do you think a disabled bunny can go outside?

angeleyes

Warren Veteran
As you probably know Lionel only has 1 back leg and on that back leg he has a sore hock, at the moment him and Lolly are indoors but fingers crossed i will be moving in the near future to somewhere with a garden and she HAS to go outside there is no other option for her but i am concerned about him going outside.
The only other option is to split them and rebond with new partners, what would you do? Opinions please x

You'd need soft flooring eg grass rather than paving but other than that I don't see why not :D

I don't see any reason for him not to go outside if he is fully recovered!

Just get them a nice shed with attached run thats easily accessible for him?

He will love it im sure!

He shouldn't get any more sore on the remaining hind so long as the areas are kept dry, maybe kit the shed out with carpet tiles or whatever you have found that keeps soreness to a minimum?
Being on grass should be fine.
I had a three legged female angora a long time ago and she managed fine and never got a sore hock which was surprising!

Great thanks guys, I have been putting fleeces down over the carpet so i would just go down the same route again. Just feel really guilty putting him outside when its not his fault!

Florence - our 3 legged bun - used to love outdoors. She had the choice between inside and out and preferred out in the day - despite it being patio as well as grass. She scooted around fine!

Although he does not live outdoors 3 legged Harry LOVES time out in the garden :)

Picture2563.jpg

I am sure Lionel will be fine as long as he has soft bedding

Janex

Back