• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

abscess returned :( good news

wiggie

Alpha Buck
Needing vibes please for Audrey.:( She has had an abscess now for months and until 3 weeks ago was having daily flushing weekly vets visits and on anti-biotics. we thought we had it sorted and so the vet advised to stop and see what happened. When I checked today there was a small sac a bit lower down and so we were at the vets within 1/2an hour. On closer examination by the vet she now has a string of abscessess in her dewlap (the original one was behind her ear). It has taken me totally by surprise which is probably very naive given her history but I honestly thought if it came back it would be in the same place and was checking there. Anyway they have kept her in and are operating tomorrow. They have warned me that she does have a chance but if it is too extensive they will phone me while she is under re. pts. :cry:
I feel stunned.
Tomorrow will be ******!
Here's hoping

Last edited:
Sorry to hear this Wiggie - sending you and Audrey (lovely name :)) vibes for tomorrow. I hope it goes your way.

So sorry to hear that hopefully they can remove them completely.

My Lionel had a recurring leg abcess and eventually had his leg amputated to remove the infection completely as he ended up with a string of them all down his leg, he has fully recovered now, so hopefully the same can happen for you and your bunny x

Aww vibes for Audrey. I am battling with a recurring abcess on one of my buns so I can really feel for you. Best of luck tomorrow.

I will be thinking of you and Audrey, and hoping and praying for a positive outcome. xxxxx

I HATE abcesses......they are EVIL. :evil: :evil:

I hate abscesses:evil: i know what you mus be going through and it is so hard!!! hopefully the vet will be able to remove them.
sending vibes your way x

back from the vets and so far so good. They think they've got it all but to be sure she is now on weekly antibiotic injections as the oral ones didn't work. One of these is penicillin which can cause gut probs so it's a good job she loves her hay! She seems quite bright and is munching away but i guess only time will tell if her gut can stand the drugs or the abscess comes back:?.
Feel exhausted
all these nerves certainly take it out of you!
Was the best result it could have been for today though so can relax a little.
Thanks for all the vibes!:wave: x

back from the vets and so far so good. They think they've got it all but to be sure she is now on weekly antibiotic injections as the oral ones didn't work. One of these is penicillin which can cause gut probs so it's a good job she loves her hay! She seems quite bright and is munching away but i guess only time will tell if her gut can stand the drugs or the abscess comes back:?.
Feel exhausted
all these nerves certainly take it out of you!
Was the best result it could have been for today though so can relax a little.
Thanks for all the vibes!:wave: x

There is a daily Depocillen injection that is very effective in bunnies.... Is there a reason they haven't offered her that?

Lots of vibes coming your way. I hate and loath abscesses. I have lost very special bunnies to them :evil:

not sure, that's the trouble when you're not very up on these things. will phone and ask tomorrow. Thanks x

There is a daily Depocillen injection that is very effective in bunnies.... Is there a reason they haven't offered her that?

Lots of vibes coming your way. I hate and loath abscesses. I have lost very special bunnies to them :evil:

Lionel had depocillin every other day and i believe that really helped him

Back