• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Delivery Companies - grrrggggh

Becca6

Mama Doe
The rain has finally caught up with Sheffield and it's been absolutely torrential today.

So I came home from work and the sack of dust free hay I ordered was leaning up against the back door absolutely dripping wet :shock: Goodness knows how long it had been there, and I'm just thankful I've had training today so got home probably an hour earlier than normal - and it has bucketed down ever since I got home so who knows how wet it would have been? :shock:

The top bit is wet and I think some of the side bit is wet but the rest seems OK. Why on earth would anyone leave a delivery of hay outside on a day like this? :shock: :evil:

I can't believe how daft it is leaving it in this weather. I've emailed Norman at Dust Free Hay just to let him know - think he needs to have a word with his couriers.

I can't believe how daft it is leaving it in this weather. I've emailed Norman at Dust Free Hay just to let him know - think he needs to have a word with his couriers.

i mite do that too...

yeah i was just happy it came lol x

I've been there :roll: -

DHL Nightmare

I complained directly to DHL when their driver left my hay outside (despite clear instructions not to!) and they refused to reimburse the cost, as according to them it is the sellers responsibility to refund for goods that are not fit for use :shock: I did contact Norman to tell him what had happened, but I didn't have the heart to ask him for refund, after all, it was hardly his fault!

As well as the fact that they left in the rain, I was furious that they didn't get a signature for it :censored:, rather they just dumped it outside my house! The customer services manager sounds horrified when I told her about it and promised to relay the complaint back to Sheffield, but my next delivery was still left outside (although thankfully it wasn't raining that time)

It has made me really warying of ordering my DFH online, which is awful :( ... at the moment, thankfully, I have plenty of hay from Helen's last trip down to Norman but it won't last much longer. Once this lot runs out thugh then I'll do the next run down there myself and save risking another DHL delivery! (I'll let you know when I'm going in case you want some getting!).

Last edited:
I'm just hoping it's OK for them to eat. The top layer was damp and I've taken that out and felt down inside the bag for the other bit that was wet on the outside - it seems OK so I'll see what it's like tomorrow. I can't afford to bin it all :shock:

It comes in a hessian sack. Not sure which is worse in this weather - a cardboard box or a sack :roll:

It comes in a hessian sack. Not sure which is worse in this weather - a cardboard box or a sack :roll:

ohhhh i see :shock::shock::shock: you should complain to head office... unless you give instructions to leave it they are supposed to card you

i get mine form the hay experts and they emailed me to tell me it was coming today..thecourier is the same one who delivers the allen and page when its ordered online. the hay is inside a special plastic baggin with ventilation holes all over it and inside a huge heavy duty cardboard box....he said he wouldnt leave it without a siggy ever....thankfully!

i have been very lucky so far i guess but its cos im mainly in with my duaghter..theodd time im out is doctors vets and over the orad to my mum to clean her rabbit out for her. but ive missed many deliveries wished all companies would email you the day before to tell you its on its way etc.

what a dumb thing to do..honestly..i know several couriers from various companies and i have to say the two ive had problems with and the rudst have bene dhl and citylink...but its not the company as a whole its the courier...
saying that theyve had some new ones round her and theyve been lovley...

the courier service for the hay experts used to be the same for bunny basics when it was online and he knows me well now:lol:

couriers..royal mail..parcel force.....sometimes i wonder where they leave their brains for leaving a parcle or sack out in the rain when it says not too....:?

If they're leaving it outside you should totally have a go at them, and if they refuse to re-reimburse you, get the supplier to have a go at them, they'll get the re-reimbursement. See while it IS the suppliers job to make sure it's fit, it's also the deliveries job not to destroy something and not to leave something outside unless they have been asked to.

Back