• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vibes for Monty please ♥

Lea-Anne

Warren Veteran
Found him "not quiet right" about 2 hours ago, he refused his hay and showed not interest in a treat. I took him out of the pen into the back garden to see him move - his was bright, even cleaning himself but a little quiet. But when I tried to stroke him or pick him up (usually a cuddle bun) he ran off and looked hunched. His tum felt a little hard.

Off to the vets we went.

She said his tum is a little hard, but there are noises and his temp was normal. He is a little dehydrated. I suddenly remembered he had had a tiny bit of a dicky tummy the day before, but he had been bright and eaten lots of hay so I was not concerned at the time...

He has been given fluids, painkiller, and some kind of vitamin injection.

We have an appointed booked for the morning "just in case" :roll:

Was it a Vitamin B complex injection? I think it's supposed to have some appetite stimulating properties.

Hope he perks up soon. :)

Was it a vitamin B-12? I think it's supposed to have some appetite stimulating properties.

Hope he perks up soon.

I'm not sure Sooz. I was in a blind panick, always am with my rabbits. You should have seen my parking outside of the vets. You could have got three cars in the space had I not parked diagonally :oops::lol:

Hang on will get invoice... :)

Don't know if you saw my post about Bluebell also ill today, same symptoms. She had at the vets-

Imetacam
Imetoclopramide
Iaqupharm

And we have Fibreplex home with us.

Healing vibes to Monty. Bluebell seems to be on the mend.

Rachel x

He started eating hay about half hour after we got back from the vets!:shock::D These injections must be fast acting ! ;) He is so much brighter and jumping around now! :D I put him back with the group and that seems to of helped. He was quiet in the house even though he is used to coming in every now and again think he wanted his own surroundings:)

Back