• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bobby - gunky eyes - thoughts???? U/D Its happening again

BirdieBun

Wise Old Thumper
I just wanted some advice really. Bobby had a wet eye for 2 days but it was just water. Then yesterday I noticed there was white gunk so I bathed his eye. This morning there is neither water or gunk - what could this be? What should I do? :)

Last edited:
:wave: Lenny had the same and was put on eye drops by the vet. He had the full 7 day course and it stopped. Then it magically appeared again over the weekend but has stopped now :shock: Mate I dont know what its all about :oops: Just sending Bobby loads of anti gunky eye vibes :)

Maybe he had something in it and it just got a bit nasty? Wuzzle's had a sticky eye recently and we have no idea why. Biscuit always's got one though due to tooth roots growing up into her tear duct :(

OOOh I just dont know what to do - I mean it seems to have cleared itself - should I still go to the vets? :oops:

Bobby's eye all gunked up again yesterday :cry: He has 3 flushed last time and 1 side only flushed once but because he was getting so stressed as he had 4 weeks of drops and medication etc I thought it was getting to a point where it was cruel to keep putting him thorugh this and the vet agreed to see how we went as both eyes had cleared up.

I have started using the drops again from yesterday and have vets again tomorrow - poor little soul he squeaks too when I am messing with him he hates it :cry:

So he will probs be in for another flush on Friday - I hope this doesnt happen every few weeks :(

Thank you Steph Bobby said thank you to his auntie Steph too :love:

Vets tonight - I know they will just want to book him in but spose I should follow their procedures :roll::lol:

Bobby stayed in the vets last night as I would have only had to take him back 1st thing this morning. I really hope his duct will flush today as its not fair keep messing with him for weeks on end I just wish his one eye would clear as well as his other eye has :cry: Can I have some vibes for Bobby please? :cry:

Okay well even though I am talking to myself Bobby can come home they have swapped him from the Tiacil drops to Fucithalmic to see if they have a better effect and his eye did flush clear this time - I just hope this works as I am dreading another week of baytril and eye cream - it really distresses him :(

Okay well even though I am talking to myself Bobby can come home they have swapped him from the Tiacil drops to Fucithalmic to see if they have a better effect and his eye did flush clear this time - I just hope this works as I am dreading another week of baytril and eye cream - it really distresses him :(

while they will clear up an infection they will sting when you put them in fucilthalimic. also some bunnys have small tear ducts adn flushing them can cause more problems i would stop trying if they dont happen the first or 2nd go as it will stress a bun. if done too much or too forcefully then the ducts can rupture causing permenant weepy eyes. it could be an eye infection for which fucilthalmic would clear up if it is tooth roots only way you can see is on a nx ray. also has he had any eye problems before does he have any lumps or pimples on him? only our bun ad this when she had myxi. she recovered but has to have her eye bathed daily as the scar tissue blocked her ducts after and so it will forever weep now. vibes for bunny iwould bring him home tho as being at vets is very stressful for a bun xxx

an additional thought is an allergie try changing his bedding to only shredded paper and hay in a ball or a rack inclusive of the litter tray....this may clear it up...

OMG! Thanks for the advice thats fab! Now he only has newspaper and megazorb in his litter tray so I dont it would be an allergy. He does have small ducts thats what the vet said hence them doing his flush 3 times and then stopping with the flushes and the meds cos it was just all getting to much and I think its cruel to put buns thorugh weeks and weeks of treatments :cry:

while they will clear up an infection they will sting when you put them in fucilthalimic. also some bunnys have small tear ducts adn flushing them can cause more problems i would stop trying if they dont happen the first or 2nd go as it will stress a bun. if done too much or too forcefully then the ducts can rupture causing permenant weepy eyes. it could be an eye infection for which fucilthalmic would clear up if it is tooth roots only way you can see is on a nx ray. also has he had any eye problems before does he have any lumps or pimples on him? only our bun ad this when she had myxi. she recovered but has to have her eye bathed daily as the scar tissue blocked her ducts after and so it will forever weep now. vibes for bunny iwould bring him home tho as being at vets is very stressful for a bun xxx

Also he has no lumps and no spots. He has never had an eye problem in the year that I have had him so far but this has been on going for a few weeks. He was fine without the meds after his last flush for 2 weeks but on Tuesday it all happened again so I started with his drops again on TUesday until I could see the vet last night. As the Tiacil wasnt working vet suggested I try the fucilthalimic and he also had to have baytrl for a week again - there is no way I could not try anythign though ie repeat flushes cos his eye gunks up that quickly even the vet is shocked at how bad his eye gets so quickly :shock:

Back