• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

stray rabbit ?

halfpenny

Wise Old Thumper
I got a call from the main branch of the vets this morning, a woman had called saying her dog had found a rabbit yesterday in a town park. She didn't like rabbits and her dog was bothering it, and the receptionist was worried she would release it again.
So guess where it is now, YES, its in my spare bedroom!
She is an agouti dwarf lop and I think youngish, so we will keep her for a week and then keep her, I suppose, maybe bond another trio?

I had a wee gasp when I saw though, because she's just like our Bertha, who died just recently.

Last edited:
Think the rabbit may have been dumped, just went in to see her, she was lying down, legs stretched out behind her, but when I went to touch her she nearly took my hands off.:shock:
Poor thing, if nobody claims her by next Friday, she's staying.
What is the incubation time for myxi, she has been out in an area with wild rabbits, so she is in isolation until then. If she is fine, the first thing will be vaccinations and getting speyed.
Have been trying to think of a name, and one of the vets suggested Xena, I now think that might stick.:lol:

Well done for taking her on she sounds lovely.. Does she look in okay health ?
Any chance of piccies please ?

She looks quite healthy, front teeth are fine, bum clean, few droppings, but don't think the folks who found her fed her last night.
Will get picces posted on Friday, once Mike is home, I can't work computers or his camera, so that's his job. He hasn't even seen her yet, all he said was " can't I leave you for one day":lol:, but he's fine with it.

;)oh poor bunny. hopefully she has a lovely owner that is looking for her. If not I am sure she will be spoilt rotten by you

Its really bizarre, the last time Mike was away, Bertha was PTS, and he got home and she was gone, now he's coming back to another rabbit looking just like her. She's quite wild though, whereas Bertha was the most loving of bunnies and loved to give you a groom in the mornings, this one will have you for breakfast. This is why I think Xena will suit her.

Also, again, what's the incubation time for myxi.

Awww thats brilliant .... well done you for taking care of her... poor little bunny. Cant wait for piccies xx

Isnt it 2 weeks? im not sure :oops:

Thanks, if she isn't claimed by a week on Friday, I'll keep her and a week after that she can go out and join the others. Its quite worrying, just waiting to see if she will get ill, as she was dumped beside wild rabbits.

Back