• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

aarrrrgh litter tray + jelly = trouble!!

XMissySJx

Wise Old Thumper
they always pee outside the litter tray..so today i got a big one, and jelly will not stop tippin it upside down, and tryin her best to squeeze it thru the hole into the main area :roll::roll::roll:

shes driving me crazy!!!! ive put itback 11 times!!

DITTO ME TOO, POPPY PEE,S EVERYWHERE AND ANYWERE APART FROM HER LITTER TRAY:oops::lol::lol::lol: IVE DONE THE SAME, I BOUGHT A WIDER ONE:rolleyes: WHY I BOTHERED:shock:

she gets it in her mouth and just swings it around, shes driving me crazy!

i went 'jelly!!' really loudly, worried id frightened her and she just looked at me and carried on then binkied out into the run, i was not amused! felt like she was a laughing at me:lol:

if i tell bluebell off she stamps her feet n carries on what shes doing.she looks at me as if to say "problem!":lol:

I'm litter training my bunny at the moment, but I have noticed that she hasn't had an accident outside her cage :?

She has been in her litter tray a few times but hasn't done anything, other then a few small poo's.

It must be something about black bunnies, rodney keeps doing it to his, he turns it upside down and sits on it, then strops and sulks when you make him move. :roll:

guinness does this, he is so good at it, I have been weighting it down with massive rocks and he still moves it!!

he is well litter trained though - he infallibly poos where the litter tray *was* - just not inside it. silly bunnies :)

guinness does this, he is so good at it, I have been weighting it down with massive rocks and he still moves it!!

he is well litter trained though - he infallibly poos where the litter tray *was* - just not inside it. silly bunnies :)

maybe he doesnt approve of his toilet? :lol:

Have you thought of either putting a brick in it to weigh it down or fixing sticky back velcro to the base and then the floor so she cant tip it over?

I have to admit Im lucky with mine, even those that refuse to be litter trained don't throw them about!

Have you thought of either putting a brick in it to weigh it down or fixing sticky back velcro to the base and then the floor so she cant tip it over?

I have to admit Im lucky with mine, even those that refuse to be litter trained don't throw them about!

mum suggested a brick...i did that..and i have NO idea how but she still did it! it worried me that she may cause an injury so i darent do it again

as for the velcro idea... i cant see that stopping her, she really got a bee in her bonnet about it! will try though

they always pee outside the litter tray..so today i got a big one, and jelly will not stop tippin it upside down, and tryin her best to squeeze it thru the hole into the main area :roll::roll::roll:

shes driving me crazy!!!! ive put itback 11 times!!

mowgli kept tipping theirs over soo i got a corner one it has holes in back so ive now hooked wire round it and can tie it around cage wire

maybe he doesnt approve of his toilet? :lol:

that is exactly the impression I got!! and he too can tip a tray that's filled with bricks - have he and jelly been communicating somehow?!

I have a new plan now. It used to be that I had a cat litter tray - about 30 x 25cm - with the hay rack up against it and all surrounded by bricks. but now I've got a much bigger tray and I'm putting the hay rack inside it; i hope he wont bother moving it now, i got the impression he wanted it out of the way of his hayrack. will update though. :)

Bella did this (black bunnies again huh :roll:) until I got her a high-back square litter tray. Not sure if it's so heavy now she can't move it or she just can't be bothered to try, but since I changed her from a corner tray to this one it hasn't moved :D

Hugs to Jelly :love:

Bella did this (black bunnies again huh :roll:) until I got her a high-back square litter tray. Not sure if it's so heavy now she can't move it or she just can't be bothered to try, but since I changed her from a corner tray to this one it hasn't moved :D

Hugs to Jelly :love:

theyve never had a corner one, she had a cat one but small, an dnow they have a high backed large one :roll:

Back