• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

somethings wrong with Lilli

Crystal butterfly

Warren Veteran
ive just been out to check on the rabbits and to feed them and Lilli is very quiet shes lying flat on the floor and isnt moving normally when i open the hutch with food she goes crazy and stuffs her face not today i picked her up her temp seemed fine and she wasnt floppy but she has been wetting herself so im guessing she hasnt moved all night im really scared and worried i start work in an hour and really dont want to leave her im going to ring the vets but they'll be doing their daily ops now i can get her down to the vets but cant bring her back home or il be late for work :(

I'm sure they would see her and not make you wait until this afternoon if you explain. If lilli has been wetting herself there is something very wrong. Is she at all responsive?

no its like shes in a daze like in her own little world :( im really worried going to ring the vet now then ring work and explain i could be half an hour late.

oooh that does sound bad if she's lying in her own wee - I would take her to the vets ASAP - there seems to be a lot of poorly bunnies on RU this morning! :(

Hope everything is OK at the vets. Floppy rabbits always make my heart stop. Sending (((vibes))).

well took her to the vets this morning (mad rush vets then work!) and Lilli was bloated but she wasnt in statis which is good shes had a gut stimulante and another injection will have to read the receipt to see what it was i currently have her inside on a snuggle safe and have tempted her to eat abit of grass and seringed abit of water into her as advised by the vet, ive been given some bio lapis and fibreplex is this even needed for bloat? :?

what else can i do to help her get better?

xx

I'm pleased to hear she is OK, I have to admit I was really worried this morning. In chat Charlotte has a long thread running about Caramel who has been through the same thing....might be worth a read.

Has she had any painrelief or Infacol?

no she hasnt you can buy infacol from supermarkets cant you? (or am i thinking of something else :oops:)

Yes you can. Charlotte has been giving Prin 1ml of Infacol followed by 10ml of warm water every hour for about 6 or so hours now and she has just started to eat again.

Is the other injection on the receipt a painkiller?

Back