• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Eating newspaper?

KathyT

Warren Scout
Tibbler has suddenly developed the habit of tearing up the newspaper I use to line her hutch and eating it! :shock:

I'm no vet but this surely can't be good for her? How can I discourage her from doing it? I don't want to stop using newspaper as my rabbitlopedia says it's excellent for stopping mites cause they hate the ink or something. Any suggestions?

Well the best toy for my Hugo is the newspaper or yellow pages. :D

He loves to shred it and eat it. Our vet said that as long as he does not it the entire newspaper he is fine. I think he eats about the size of a palm maybe twice a week.

How much does your bunny eat? :)

Well, she's not eating all of it, so that's a relief!

Maybe she's just a deeply intelligent bun and is keeping up with the political situation...in which case I might switch her to the telegraph :lol:

Hugo sounds massively cute - maybe I should try Tibbs on the yellow pages!

I am sure she will love it. :D

Hugo is very cute and we spoil him so much that now he knows he only has to appear where we are and he gets all the attention he wants and even more. So we don't get as much attention and signs of devotion like other bunnies in this forum. :D But we can't help it :)

Maybe she's just a deeply intelligent bun and is keeping up with the political situation...in which case I might switch her to the telegraph :lol:

You wanna be careful she doesn't get all depressed with the news lately. :shock:

Get her the Pets Section in Yellow Pages :lol:

Back