• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Time to be neutered? Naughty bunny!

>Mic<

Young Bun
My 6/7 month old rabbit Benny has been acting really naughty lately, 2 nights ago he chewed through a phone wire, and last night through a battery charger wire, I know rabbits chew etc etc but he has never bothered this much before. Also, when i let him out last night he went frantic running around my legs and even put his paws on my leg and it felt like he was trying to nip me!
The running round my legs thing is nothing new but I was actually scared last night that he was going to hurt me!
Now I was planning on getting him neutered, I just did not want to put him through that until neccesary, do you think his behaviour is to do with his hormones? Thanks.

The exact same thing happened with my bunny at about 6 months old. It started with nipping and then progressed onto humping etc. So i went and got him neutured and all this stopped.
He was fine after the op, eating, drinking and pooing straight away and the only thing that's changed is that he's quietened down alot more and after a few weeks has stopped humping!:lol: He seems much much happier now.
Also neutering prevents against testicular cancer , obviously a huuge benefit!
If you're worried about anything to do with the procedure etc go and have a chat with your vet i'm sure they'll be happy to talk to you.
Hope this helps!

Hi

I have a 5 month old bunny and as soon as his balls appeared he started being very naughty, and continuously humping my other rabbits which caused a lot of conflict. I took him to the vets to be neutured as soon as was possible and when he came back he was so much better. The humping and naughtyness stopped as soon as we got home and he was eating and running around as normal that evening. COuldn't really tell he'd just had an op :lol:

nip nip niparro! Carlton used to nip my ankles for attention whenever i was stood up but he's not done it once since he was neutered. i'd suggest neutering to "nip" this behaviour in the bud, so to speak :lol: he might also start spraying pee everywhere soon and neutering will calm that behaviour down too.

Back