• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Princess Is Poorly u/d Vets again 30/5

catswhiskas

Warren Veteran
I have been up all night with her. She has pinched in sides ad won't eat. I have given her metacam and Infacol..... loads of tummy rubs. Don't know what else to do. I am at panic stations.

Last edited:
oooh dear :( when Zinniea does this I dissolve half an asprin in 100ml water, warm it with a splash from the kettle, and syringe 10ml every hour, plus one ml of infacol - so far it's worked after a few hours but maybe it's Princess' teeth? does she have tooth problems at all?

ETA - if she's had metacam already you mustn't give her asprin - just water!

Last edited:
No teeth problems, she has recently had them checked. Its come on all of a sudeen. Its been about 12 hours now. I think that the vet might be necessary.

No teeth problems, she has recently had them checked. Its come on all of a sudeen. Its been about 12 hours now. I think that the vet might be necessary.

note what I added about asprin to my post when I realised you'd given her metacam...and if it's been 12hrs already I'd go to the vets - usually Zinniea's all better again after a few hours of the above treatment :?

We are back. She has had a Metclop injection and a Torbugesic pain killing injection, which has sedative effects, she is already acting like a drunkard. Hopefully things will improve. I have some more Fibreplex for her which she is to have 3 times a day and in between she is to have 3 syringe feeds of Science Recovery. STRESS!

We are back. She has had a Metclop injection and a Torbugesic pain killing injection, which has sedative effects, she is already acting like a drunkard. Hopefully things will improve. I have some more Fibreplex for her which she is to have 3 times a day and in between she is to have 3 syringe feeds of Science Recovery. STRESS!

did you tell the vet you had already given her metacam? :shock:

did the vet give her fluids?

I would just syringe fluids for now, warmed from the kettle - had a bad experience with forcing food on top of food with Pepsi :?

just had another thought - you can't syringe an animal that's not fully conscious or you risk choking them as they're not really 'with it' enough to swallow - hope she will be OK :shock:

just had another thought - you can't syringe an animal that's not fully conscious or you risk choking them as they're not really 'with it' enough to swallow - hope she will be OK :shock:

Hi hun, yeah she knew she had had metcam, which is why we had to try this particular pain killer. She isn't awake enough at mo to syringe, I will see how she goes over next hour before I try anything.

Vibes for Princess, hope she feels better soon :D

Thanks guys. Poor old Chance doesn't seem to have noticed that his wife is ill. Men eh! However you can really tell she is out of action as his eyes are looking all weepy. Goes to show how clean she keeps them. She is fast asleep at mo.

Back