• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How big are the 11kg / 25lb boxes of Oxbow??

Rallybunny

Warren Veteran
I normally get Evo the 4.05kg / 9lb boxes of Oxbow for Evo and I have the perfect place on top of my wardrobe :oops: to store them. Just wondering how big the next size up is, as it would work out a lot cheaper for me, but I don't know if I'd have room to store.

Are we talking Timothy hay here?

I ordered the 25lb box in January and cos it was out of stock I was offered the 50lb box at a discount (from the HE). We are half way down the box - feeding three rabbits, so it does last - but the box is pretty big, about 3ft by 2.5ft by 2.5ft! This may give you an idea of the 25lb box. I guess if you spoke to HE or whoever you order from they could give you the size.

My only reservation is a good proportion of what I have left may well be dust :(

BTW when I went out earlier to feed the bunnies I found once again BJ had scaled my barricades and was sitting nice and snug in the hay box. His one aim in life seems to be in getting to parts of the shed where he is not allowed!

Last edited:
Hmm, just measured my small box and it's 1.5ft x 2ft x 8in. I can cope with it being a bit longer and taller, but not much wider.

There is quite a lot of dust in the boxes, I agree. :(

Back