• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Snotty Noses- Something That Has Helped Bobbie

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
Please do not use this treatment for your Bun without consulting your Vet first

Bobs has a chronic problem with congestion of her nasal passages as a result of a severe Infection she had last year. Various systemic abx have had little effect.
A few months ago I asked Christabel if we could try Bobbie on a combination of Tiacil administered directly into her nostrils ( Bobs' nostrils, not Christabel's :lol:) and oral Benadryl Syrup, an antihistimine.

All I can say is its worked miracles :) Bobbie responds to the treatments within 24 hours and tolerates the 'nose drops' very well.

I am not claiming to have 'discovered' these treatments. I found out about them from reading various articles by fully qualified Vets. All I am trying to do here is pass on some info that may help a snotty Bunny

Janex :)

useful to know.:D.what is the dosage of the Benadryl?

Christabel suggested starting off with a tiny dose of 0.1ml/kg once a day. If this had little effect she advised I increase the dose to 0.2ml/kg once a day. It is the latter dose which appears to be effective for Bobbie

Janex :)

We've started using Benadryl on the dogs with kennel cough.....

I'll pass on the info to Hopper Haven as we have residents that suffer with snuffles:D

I will ask the vet tomorrow when I take Moo. I think maybe benadryl might be a good idea for her. Even though she's been on abx for a month the snuffles have come back.

Jane I'm going to tell her all the info you told me, and see what suggestions she has. I would like to get her spayed but won't snuffles affect her breathing when she is under GA?

I am taking Little Lil to see my vet tomo - she has a snotty nose bless her :( and it seems really sore :(

I will note down these suggestions and see what my vet thinks

Back