• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Picking up bunny poo!

vengeful.veggie

Alpha Buck
Everyone I know thinks it's disgusting the way I just pick up bunny poo without a problem. I don't see what's wrong with it, they're not squidgy or anything like dog poo.

What do you think? Do you mind picking up rabbit poo? Have people said anything?

I don't see anything wrong with just picking them up. I often break them open too in order to inspect the quality.:D

I see nothing at all wrong with it, all vegetable matter anyway.

I wouldn't do the same with my cat'S though - see that as a totally different thing!

A happy bunny gut means a healthy poo so why not?

:) NO I DONT MIND AT ALL PICKING THEM UP, THEY ARE JUST HAY BALLS:oops: MIND YOU, POPPY DOES HUNDREDS AND WHEN SOMEONE CALLS AROUND WHO HAVENT GOT PETS, THEN I FEEL A BIT UNTIDY:oops:, THEREFORE I ZAP THE HOOVER ON OR CHUCK THEM IN POPPYS LITTER TRAY WHICH SHE DOSENT FIND AMUSING!!! AFTER ALL HER HARD WORK.:lol::lol:
LOOKING AROUND MY LIVING ROOM NOW, THERES LOADS OF THEM AGAIN!!:rolleyes:

I pick them up doesn't bother me .. My sister watched me pick up Bertie & Fizz's poops up the other day & she was like :shock: oh my god I can't believe you did that. I'm sure they think it's like picking dog or cat poo up.

I just pick it up no worries, non bunny people seem to be a bit freaked by it. :roll:

In an ideal world I'd rather not...it is still poo afterall :lol:

I don't see anything wrong with just picking them up. I often break them open too in order to inspect the quality.:D

I see nothing at all wrong with it, all vegetable matter anyway.

I wouldn't do the same with my cat'S though - see that as a totally different thing!

A happy bunny gut means a healthy poo so why not?

Me too :oops: I pick up the poos and I don't care who sees me :lol: I wouldn't do the same with squishy dog or cat poo though. Thats what I like about bun poo, its dry.

Nah doesnt bother me, b/f wont touch them though and makes me pretty much disinfect myself afterwards :roll:

:lol::lol::lol: I do with bare hands too, even the odd sticky one thats been left behind. If I'm lucky the dog eats them first though :D

I think it's so funny and great that you have started this thread.
I also just pick them up (yes when my dog doesn't get to them first...yuck yuck yuck) but everytime I do it I think " God I hope no one is seeing this"

You should all read Amy Sedairis's book she talks a lot about her rabbit, and at one point she says she just picks the poops up and doesn't even need to wash her hands!

I am lucky that Julie rarely has any poop outside of her litter box but I will pick up the occasional one with a paper towel. Raul (parakeet) his are dots and not wet so I pick his up with a tissue.

I do this!
Having had kids and dealt with their poo, still wiping my 5 year old's bum :oops:- and cats, which are the worst, rabbit poo is totally easy and inoffensive to deal with- get most of mine with a brush and shovel but have to grab the odd handful in a corner the brush can't reach!
Very scrupulous about handwashing of course :)

Rachel x

You are spot on Rachel - rabbit poo is so inoffensive! It is only vegetable matter after all. There is no comparison to what our cat leaves in the litter tray. I am quite happy to hand pick rabbit poo!

I wonder though if there has been any investigation to see if there are any 'nasties' in normal rabbit poo :?

I wonder though if there has been any investigation to see if there are any 'nasties' in normal rabbit poo :?

According to Rabbiting On's Leo Staggs, you don't need to panic if your baby/toddler eats one (apart from the choking risk) :shock: so I'm guessing not...

Back