• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Science selective and weight loss...

charlie82

Mama Doe
Anyone else experienced their bunnies loosing weight ...and body condition...after being put on Science selective? :roll:

yeah, they get veg every night and unlimited hay every day. I just fill their dog beds up with it. They also graze on grass everyday.

I changed all six buns over on to science selective two months ago from excel. Three are looking really healthy, one is looking healthy but not really keeping fat on and the other two have lost 0.5kg in weight and their coat looks dull. They are still eating and have been to the vet today, I can only link it to the food change as it is since then that it has started :?

All have been panacured recently, other than that nothing has changed.

Excel is higher in protein than SS which is why many buns get dodgy tummies whilst eating it.

Perhaps have a look at the variety of veg you are feeding and increase the protein content that way? Another way to increase protein is to supplement with Ready Grass.

Back