• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dust Free Hay

Indiechic

Wise Old Thumper
I arrived home to find DHL had left my large bale in the porch.

OH MY it smells fantastic.

hopefully they will like it.

xxx

My bunsters love it...having to sneak the soft stuff in with the stalky though cos they dont like the soft much :roll:

My two go nuts over the stuff, Charlie has even snubbed SS for it and he never used to eat much hay I sometimes leave the whole bag out for the day and let them help themselves because I'm forever giving them more of it.

i would leave the whole bag but its a large bale and moo moo would probably engulf in it.

fantastic value. x

i would leave the whole bag but its a large bale and moo moo would probably engulf in it.

fantastic value. x

I just got the 10 smaller bales for £39.99 option, I'm only on bag three at the moment even with the amount they are scoffing, be warned they turn into major poop factories :lol:

I just got the 10 smaller bales for £39.99 option, I'm only on bag three at the moment even with the amount they are scoffing, be warned they turn into major poop factories :lol:

thought about that, but wasn't sure.

how many kg per bag?

xxx

We're off to see Norman later thsi week to get new supplies for here - I love the smell in the car on the way back and every day when we open the shed up to fill the buns hay racks

Im going to have to try this stuff soon, I would love my buns to eat more hay and the last meadow hay i got (from a different supplier) was really brown and they're not going for it. :( doe dust free hay so samples? I don't want to commit to a massive bale if they dont like it.

We're off to see Norman later thsi week to get new supplies for here - I love the smell in the car on the way back and every day when we open the shed up to fill the buns hay racks

i have a cold but i could smell it in the shed

mmmmmm

nick had to carry it through and he said it was really strong when you were carrying it.

do you keep your hay in the hessian bag?

Im going to have to try this stuff soon, I would love my buns to eat more hay and the last meadow hay i got (from a different supplier) was really brown and they're not going for it. :( doe dust free hay so samples? I don't want to commit to a massive bale if they dont like it.

No but I'll send you some if you want, I was a bit worried about whether they'd like it so bought two bales for £15.99 to try first.

Sarah- they are about 2kg each, I just find it easier to keep one in the house, I leave the rest in the store room in the carpark downstairs.

No but I'll send you some if you want, I was a bit worried about whether they'd like it so bought two bales for £15.99 to try first.

Sarah- they are about 2kg each, I just find it easier to keep one in the house, I leave the rest in the store room in the carpark downstairs.

ah so for an extra £15 you get another 5kg then. erm, not a huge bargain then.

ive put mine in the shed but im guna have to sort my shed out.
got peeps coming to take our old hutch next week so need to clean up and also could do with neatening my shed up before casper comes. i can barely move in it... a job for tomorrow nite me thinks x

i have a cold but i could smell it in the shed

mmmmmm

nick had to carry it through and he said it was really strong when you were carrying it.

do you keep your hay in the hessian bag?

Yes we keep ours in the hessian sacks and just take off the slices as we need them.

Nope we just fold the top over once we've done. Being hessian it has air holes in it anyway that helps it to breathe:D

thats cool. ive just been and filled a bag for life with hay and now bailey is devouring what i put in his tray and hay rack.

marsha on the other hand is dubious.

its so course but not sharp and i cannot get over it x

It's great isn't it? My two are still munching through the bag they started in February - the level doesn't seem to be going down at all :D

It's great isn't it? My two are still munching through the bag they started in February - the level doesn't seem to be going down at all :D

i just cannot believe how much he is munching. wow.

its not over green but it smells so wonderful, and its lovel and course x

Back