• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I'm so upset and annoyed :'(

*Spider*

Wise Old Thumper
Just a minute ago i went to see how my two were doing.
They'd been locked in their run so i simply went in there for them to settle in for bed when they want to ( and then i'll close it when it's 10:30ish )
First of all my guinea came sqeaking up to me and licked my leg and then i went to stroke him and ran for his life! I was really shocked and upset, he'd never done this ever!!
Then Toffee came hopping over and nestling in my leg, i then picked him up and he went bananas :( he gave me a massive scratch on my wrist and i listened to his breathing and it was sky high. i settled him down and put him on my lap and he was relatively calm and hopped off normally but when i went to shot the door he started to jump up at the door like he usually does when i first come and see them..
whats happening to them?
They've recently moved into a hutch which is 20X the size of the last one.
Maybe they dont want my cuddles anymore :cry:
Help, i was nearly in tears.

awww maybe they just want to be running around many rabbit prefer not to be picked up and cuddled they much prefer to be on the ground try interacting with them on the ground by lieyng down near them

Sorry to hear you're upset Spider - I'm not sure what it could be?
Do you think they have been arguing between themselves?

They used to love their cuddles. My dog was about but they always graze in the garden and he's never bothered them before. Toffee really really upset me :cry: (actually crying) I've never seen them like that before...

I'm so so upset :cry: Whenever my cats are about Max loves to stalk them but Toffee goes up to play with him, so Max scarpers.
I just hope it was something like that. :cry::cry:
I NEED TO PULL MYSELF TOGETHER :lol:

Ahhhh don't be upset about it. Maybe they are just a little unsettled with their new surroundings. I'm sure they will feel better about it soon. Have you tried giving them boxes and things to hide in? It may be a little too big for them as they are used to a hutch. If they have some boxes and things to hide in they will feel more secure :)

They have loads of little cubby holes made out of logs, little wooden hidings and the wigwam.
I'm just hoping they are just really happy with their space and would rather just play play play and eat eat eat. And maybe they just are a little unsettled and thats why they reacted the way they did :?
Taking Tof to vets tomorrow.. i hope he's not going to be too hard to handle when he's being clipped. Although he does seem to love the vets!

ry doing it again in a few days, and dont take it personally, lol if theyre anything like mine, then they dont want to be handled in the morn and wen he's outside i have battles to bring him back in lol he has temper tantrums yet when i let him out in he evenings he's so loving and calm, apart from when he wants to play.

Maybe they were thinking was taking them in for the night.
I won't take it personally in the future... it just really shocked me and upset me.. thanks for your help guys :)

My rabbits sometimes hate me and run when they see me if they think I'm going to clean their bums or clip their nails :lol::lol: I learnt not to take it personally as to be honest I can't blame them. I would run too. :roll:

Were you wearing anything, bright or unusual?! I went into the bunny room the other day with a towel on my head, Roo took one look at me and ran to the corner! :shock: Poor thing, she'd never seen a towel on my head before! :lol:

Were you wearing perfume?

Back