• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding: Soots & Sweepy, Opal & Gem * WITH PICS *

Witchy

Warren Scout
Day one:

I've put all the buns in their neutral 8x4 run and so far...... there has been no fur pulling, no chasing, no mounting.....absolutely nothing!!!

They have been eating, washing, nosing about, smelling each other and laying next to each other and that's it!!!

The girls have been hopping about - gem mainly showed some timidness towards the boys. Opal has been bouncing about like a mad thing but its all totally relaxed with the boys just sitting or laying still and just sniffing at the girls if they come close.

They've all been eating lettuce, hay and pellets out of the bowl right next to each other.

After two hours Soots was giving Opal a groom around her ears :)

Pics to follow........

Last edited:
Wow!! Sounds even easier than the foursome bond we did with some fosters not so long ago! Let's hope it continues for you - good luck! x

I know! I can't believe it either - the boys are just being so calm and chilled, it seems to make the girls think oh well, nothing to fret about then!

Just been back outside, they're all just chilling out and eating a bit of hay....

There is no litter tray or anything in there, they just have a 'slice' of hay laid on the floor, a bowl of water and a bowl of pellets.

This is great, I thought it was going to be a complete nightmare - I've been reading all the posts on here about bonding and have been taking notes!!

I've just took the view if it's gonna work it will and if it don't then it don't. I've been relaxed about it - briefly being a bit stressed when I first let them in but just remained at their side, sat down with a cuppa and kept silent....

When photobucket decides to work I'll have some pics for you!!

1) Opal (forefront, showing her gums after recent teeth removal) with Gem, and Soots laying at the back
Bonding028.jpg

2) Sweeps watching Opal having some dinner
Bonding024.jpg

3) Sweeps joins Opal for some food
Bonding038.jpg

4) Gem and Opal (funny ears after a mad binky!!)
Bonding040.jpg

5) Sweeps and Opal eating with Gem, and Soots washing in the background
Bonding036.jpg

6) Soots in foreground, Sweeps still eating with Gem and Opal in background
Bonding042.jpg

Last edited:
Day Two:

Soots continues to groom Opal with her now actually going to find him, pushing her head under his ears for some attention.

Gem was given a groom by Soots also this morning for the first time.

Sweeps is currently sleeping with Opal on the hay while its raining.

Opal continues binkying about :D

This really is the most wonderful thing to see... if you're brave enough you must have a go.....:wave:

Fantastic pics :D Looks like you've well and truly cracked it if they'll all share a bowl! Well done ... foursomes are fab ... I have four house bunnies and seeing them all in a bunny heap is just SO SO sweet :love: x

Thanks Woodlouse, it really is a lovely experience. They've just all clicked, its amazing!!

Opal is still attention seeking from the boys, pushing her head under their chin wanting a groom. She even groomed Sweeps ear for him :p

Good grief, however do you manage with the four in the house - I bet they get into everything haha!!

I've just given the main hutch (below) a really good sweep out and then sprayed a white wine vinegar/water solution all over it. It's supposed to be really sunny tomorrow so I'll give it a final spray down with the hose first thing and then let it dry. I guess they can then all move in together?:)

Back