• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

PAH hutches

flowergirls

Warren Scout
For those of you who know what I'm talking about- what would be better do you reckon for 2 buns-

Lavender Lodge or

Thistle Hall

I would only consider either with the Fennel Fold run attached.

What benefit do the buns get from the 2 tier Thistle Hall?

I am considering other options too- just wondered what you thought of the PAH options.

Rachel x

I would personally say the Lavender Lodge, but the bolts are awful so will need to be replaced pretty quickly. I don't know if they are the same on the Thistle Hall.

I have thistle hall. The bunnies seem to love running up and down the ramp. its also like they have 2 hutches. So much space when the run is attached too :) No probs with bolts either
The rescue has Lavender Lodges and the bunnies say they taste nice. And yes, the bolts are rubbish on them.

Lavendar Lodge 100%

thistle hall isnt as deep, so when u put in the ramp thata ctually takes out alot of space... when u consider the gap at the top and the space at the bottom where the ramp goes. A lavendar lodge is alot longer, terefore bunnies cans trtch ot moe, and go furher as its just one teir.

I have a Lavendar Lodge and i think its fab

We have a thistle hall and its plenty big enough for 2, although we only have the one in at the moment. Problem is they do love to chew it, ours is barely recognisable now...its that perfect wood texture for them to destroy and whoever designed it had obviously never kept rabbits

we have a lavendar lodge orginally had 2 buns in it but had to seperate them just saving some pennies to buy another lavendar lodge as one is in a 2 storey temp hutch.

we have had no problems with bolts they are fine and bunnies have never chewed it - they did their old cage.

they def love to lay completely stretch out and often do their impression of a dead rabbit as there is so much space

i have three thistle hall hutches with fennel fold runs attached.

i only have singl;e buns in them but they are big enough. i took the bedroom area divider out tho to give more running room on the upper level.

i don't feel that the ramp takes much space and my buns use all of the hutch.

the only disadvantage of pets at home hutches is that all the orange colour wood is very soft and my buns and my pigs like to eat them.

just a note about the fennel fold run- i got 2 at the weekend as i didnt think they are especially big---the height is good but the length isnt fab in my oppinion...i have now got 2 that attatch on to one another and the buns love their new edition to their "bunningham palace!"

yeah as seperate runs they're rubbish but added to the front of the hutch they just help extend the play area for mine while i'm at work.

i think they're poor value for money but it's quite hard finding tall enough runs online,most are nice and big but not high enough.

Thanks for the input everyone.
Been to PAH tonight but not sure about the quality of the hutches- my outdoor buns have got a tiny 'brecon 48' someone gave us- that's their 'toilet':lol:, they're not impressed by the quality either, although the ThistleHall and Lavender Lodge do seem better quality than that Brecon.
I was lucky to be given an unwanted huge solid homemade hutch which they choose to live in, all enclosed within their homemade 6" by 6" run.
They're fine- it's my indoor 'depressed' bun I'm looking to rehouse-if she gets a husbun. :?

Have been looking at a nice Happy Hutch that you can get with a run attached- works out about the same as Lavender/ Fennel combo, for the biggest size.
Of course if I was clever I could post the link...:rolleyes:
How's the quality of those?

Rachel xx

I have a Thistle Hall and a 6 ft happy hutch and the happy hutch is much better quality. the buns have chewed the thistle hall to pieces and did start on the HH but not so bad. Both are fine for 2 smallish buns I think. I'm going to make a 2nd level to the HH the same size as the lid detaches easily to make a 2nd level.

Back