• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

is it possible to find out

♥~Cookie~♥

Young Bun
exactly what my bunny is?
my fella brought her home for me when he heard about her, but he didnt know what the parents were as neither did the woman who had them.
he did say however that the mum is probably as big in length as my dachsund x jrt laid down if thats of any help?

i dont have any pics will get some as soon as poss though
her head looks like a dwarf rabbits head, and her ears look really small tbh
she is mostly except her ears look like they have been stolen off another rabbit and stuck on, lol
she is only just over 5 weeks old, but is a foot long nose to tail(havent measured exactly just a guesstimate)

♥~Cookie~♥;2491870 said:
i dont have any pics will get some as soon as poss though
her head looks like a dwarf rabbits head, and her ears look really small tbh
she is mostly except her ears look like they have been stolen off another rabbit and stuck on, lol
she is only just over 5 weeks old, but is a foot long nose to tail(havent measured exactly just a guesstimate)

:shock::shock::shock::shock:
just over 5 weeks?
she really shouldnt be away from her mother at such an early age.
actually, she shouldnt have been taken away at all.

can someone else care to explain? im really bad at it :lol:

oh no i agree,
i have bred cats and dogs before and my puppies were all 8 weeks min before they left.
the lady she came from had apparently been seperated from mum as she was "bullying" them (her and her sister were the only living 2 from the litter) the lady found out why a day or two after i had brought cookie home because she gave birth to a second litter :'(

♥~Cookie~♥;2491912 said:
oh no i agree,
i have bred cats and dogs before and my puppies were all 8 weeks min before they left.
the lady she came from had apparently been seperated from mum as she was "bullying" them (her and her sister were the only living 2 from the litter) the lady found out why a day or two after i had brought cookie home because she gave birth to a second litter :'(

:shock::shock:
thats terrible. shes backbreeding her rabbits?
i hope your bun is ok though. all i can really say is be extra precausionary with what you feed her. her gut hasnt fully developed, and its crucial that shes slowly intoduced to food. (a postage stamp size a day)

please anyone correct me/ add to if im wrong :)

:shock::shock:
thats terrible. shes backbreeding her rabbits?
i hope your bun is ok though. all i can really say is be extra precausionary with what you feed her. her gut hasnt fully developed, and its crucial that shes slowly intoduced to food. (a postage stamp size a day)

please anyone correct me/ add to if im wrong :)

I wouldn't feed her any green food for a while if she was not weaned onto it whilst still with mum.....weanlings go through a huge digestive transit as the stomach changes from alkali to acidic to allow them to properly process solids. This leaves them prone to digestive upsets as the stomach flora is easily unbalanced at this time.

Also orphaned babies tend to have weaker immune systems.

I wouldn't feed her any green food for a while if she was not weaned onto it whilst still with mum.....weanlings go through a huge digestive transit as the stomach changes from alkali to acidic to allow them to properly process solids. This leaves them prone to digestive upsets as the stomach flora is easily unbalanced at this time.

Also orphaned babies tend to have weaker immune systems.

take it from the experts :):lol:

must also add
she was reared? outside
all 3 rabbits one buck 2 does lived outside and all babies were outside
a little off topic here is this normal? when inside her cage (if we are eating etc) she darts from one side to the other again and again like summat has spooked her. :shock: just noticed it now whilst eating my tea and its kinda got me worried.

Back