• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Shredded magazines? Digging box help.

vengeful.veggie

Alpha Buck
Sorry about all the threads I'm making today! I want to make a digging box for the buns, since they keep digging at everything they're not meant to :roll:

We don't have any newspaper and I don't want to use all their hay as it's expensive, so what things could I use in the digging box that I may have around the house?

What about shredded magazines? Junk mail?

I'd avoid shiny magazine pages because they have a laquer on them but if you've got a load of junk mail you could shred that, last years yellow pages would be good too

I put straw in mine, they happily dig in there (sometimes I lose Billy in it :roll:) I dont know if you use P@H but they do really cheap HUGE bags of it for about £3 or £4?!??!:)

Yellow pages are okay? I have one of those :D

They are, just rip the cover off. I gave mine one last year but they weren't bothered by it but other people's rabbits have loads of fun with them, mine it seems are only interested in magazines and books if I'm reading them :lol: I hope they have fun with it :)

I also put some litter stuff in the bottom of mine as Billy seems to like to pee as he digs :roll:

:lol: Speaking of litter, I think mine just treat the litter tray as a digging box, one of them (I suspect Poppy) keeps turfing all the hay and litter out through the little doorway and into the living compartment :lol:

I gave rodney a yellow pages but he took to weeing all over it so it went in the bin. He now has a cardboard box with holes cut in it full of ripped up newspaper and he loves it spends ages playing in it.

mine love to just dig at a cardboard box, shredding the walls creating holes!!! it keeps them entertained for hours...and wakes me in the night too!! ha ha

What about cheap[but dustfree]hay and use just your expensive hay in their rack?I use cheap hay in cage but Timothy in rack.

Back