• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Yellow paws >_<

vengeful.veggie

Alpha Buck
I'm sure this has been asked before, but does anyone know how to get the yellow stains off of rabbits feet? The bottoms of Benjamin's back paws are stained yellow, they used to be a lovely white! I assume from sitting in his litter tray.

Should I even bother with trying to get the stains off?

What do you have in the litter tray? Is there something to absorb the wee instead of his paws?

When Ant came to us his feet were filthy but in no time at all he had cleaned them and new fur grown. I know people have mentioned in the past that there are ways to clean them ... but I can't remember what it was! x

Yep, they have VERY absorbant wood pellets. I've also used megazorb occasionally when I've run out of the pellets but that doesn't work as well to me.

simple. shave it and the new fur will grow, use a shaver, make sure you don't use scissor, their skin is too sensitive and too easy to injure when the fur can mask the skin

simple. shave it and the new fur will grow, use a shaver, make sure you don't use scissor, their skin is too sensitive and too easy to injure when the fur can mask the skin

Really? :? I wouldn't feel comfortable. I'd rather him have yellow paws than shave his foot pads, they're there for a reason.

my show rabbits if i do get a dirty one that loves to sit in his/her pee/poo i peroxide them with a special whitening powder and 20% peroxide really works miricles

please don't shave a rabbits feet..not a good idea

megazorb with hay on top is good for keeping bunnies off wee!
some people say white vinegar helps..but aslong as his feet are not sore I'd leave them,,,and just try differnent litters

Yellow fur doesn't do any harm so unless they need to be white for a show just enjoy the pretty new colours your bunny has :lol:

You shouldn't shave the feet fur as rabbits don't have hard pads like cats/dogs, the fur is the only protection :)

Just to add to what others have said. My bunnies never have yellow feet, and i use megazorb (huge litter tray - under bed storage from wilkos) and that gets changed every day.

Megazorb is the way forward :D

My NZ white has yellow feet - I use wood based litter with hay stacked on top. He's always been a mucky bun though. TBH, he was mucky all over until I paired him with Suki. She GLOWS white (including her feet), & despite me only seeing him groom her - & not the other way round - she must clean him, as he's a tonne better now. Except for the feet:lol:

Back